Seats and Seat Mounts

Rusty_S85

Local time
3:57 AM
There are a couple leather saddles I am looking at.

First is the BBR Tuning Retro hairpin sprung saddle. It does not have a leather bag mount and it doesn't have coil springs on the rear.

Second one which I cant find right now was a $40 leather sprung saddle had a hairpin spring on the front and coil springs on the rear.

Not sure which one I will go with but I am looking for a retro leather saddle to go with my vintage look.

Thing is though besides that I am playing around in my head with the idea of using what is called a laidback seat post to move my saddle further to the rear. Due to the fairly cheap cost I was thinking of going with a straight post to mount all the way down then see how it feels then use a laid back post to move the seat back and see how that feels.

But thing is every laid back seat post I find just wont move the seat back but keep it low. I would either have to go with something like a 45* angle post and have the seat mounted higher up than if I just used a straight post or go with a 90* to get my rear move and low position but then have to figure out how to modify the seat to work as the front hairpin would not allow the seat to sit level on the bike with a 90* post.

Has anyone ever seen a laid back seat post that can achieve what I am trying to look for? One that will move the seat back but keep it fairly low still on the bike?

With me going with the black board track racer style handle bars from Jakes, I might feel more comfortable with the seat moved back some. I have to just try and see after I get everything else together but I just cant find anything that would work.

Back