Second annual Mid Atlantic MB Rally, Cape Henlopen (Lewes) DE September 26 & 27, 2009

thanks Chris... that's quite THE machine!!!

looks like y'all had a great time. Nice variety of bikes.

is this "thescooterguy" design ?
http://www.motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21356&d=1254187006

also, I am wondering.... how'd the greyhound perform ??

James' rig has a Titan engine, but I'm not sure about the rest of his setup.
The Greyhound is incredible. There were two Greyhound-powered bikes there, Ray's yellow bike, and our chrome & grey monster. Because of the upward facing exhaust, and our decision to route the flex pipe as we did, our Greyhound became known as the "Crotch Burner". We did a little adjusting of the pipe which helped alleviate that to a great degree, but it's incredible how quickly that pipe will get scorchingly hot.
Despite a chain alignment issue that we only got partly resolved prior to the rally, a mangled magneto and a stuck float (both of which were rectified at the park) our Greyhound performed beautifully and the power is just short of incredible for an engine that size.

Thanks to everyone at the Rally. A well deserved thanks to my sister Betty-ann for the bbq'ed chicken, ribs and sausage she cooked up all I had to do is warm it up. The weekend was a total success and the company was great also. My two bikes the Workman HS manual EZMotorbike belt drive and the Sun Atlas HF Q-Matic EZMotorbike chain drive bike served me well. The manual has 1800 miles and it has been the most reliable bike Ive owned. The new Q-Matic drive with the Harbor Freight gives every indication it is going to take the Workmans place. It has plenty of torque and cruises at a low RPM just what I was looking to do. Twist the throttle and go doesnt get any simpler. I did cut a perfect hole on the belt cover from me not tighning up the key on the drive pulley it came out about a 1/2 inch and cut a nice hole. Nothing a rubber grommet and a allen wrench wont fix. A couple of tweaks to get the chain adjustment correct. I need to weld the chain adjustment plate forward and weld a complete plate across the chain stays to get it where I like it to be. And also need to put a $99.00 workman drum brake wheel on the front. Pinch brake has to go. Thanks to everyone again. I shall return again

Attachments

• 0929090919.jpg
    0929090919.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 230
I can't beleive I forgot to give a shout out to George Reynolds of Reynolds Weld Lab Derry N.H. Without his timely and fantastic welding the bike wound't have made the trip. Thanks George

We're home. Bonnie & I took the Lewes ferry up to Cape May, N.J. after the rally & had a great time at the Bolero Resort after the rally ( no, I will give no details). The Rally was great!! The food was great!! The people were great!! At every Rally we make new friends & see old friends. Can't believe it's over . Will post pics later. Most of the good ones have been posted already.
Jay

Last edited:
Okay, here are some pics of the Rally that I took. Better late than never. 2nd & third pics are where we kept the bikes overnight. the 5th is Quenton & Ray at Quenton's mobile bike parts store. The 6th is some of us at a place we stopped for lunch.Notice in the last one some girls walking through wanted to join in the picture. I guess they liked us wild bikers.

Attachments

• 2009 East Coast Rally 003.jpg
    2009 East Coast Rally 003.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 238
  • 2009 East Coast Rally 006.jpg
    2009 East Coast Rally 006.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 2009 East Coast Rally 007.jpg
    2009 East Coast Rally 007.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 215
  • 2009 East Coast Rally 012.jpg
    2009 East Coast Rally 012.jpg