Second build - Questions

I found out that the Bonneville uses a 21" motorcycle tire while the wheels he sells separate are 26" bicycle wheels. He wont sell the 21" motorcycle tire wheels by themselves. Likewise he wont sell the Bonneville frame by itself either as it is just a 1 1/2" longer than the Sportsman Flyer 200 which is basically the same frame as he sells on his parts page.

I am kind of tempted to just buy the Bonneville at $7,500 put it on credit or finance it and strip it down and refinish it to my requirements. Just seems like a waste since I much rather build it.

Prerogative is the game-changer. Sorry I have a 1.5 rim, not 2" and a 26 inch tire wont do it, I also want to use a drum brake front wheel. Since I've got a hub for that that other wheel isn't going to be much use unfortunately..

No shocks up front, so the bigger tirethelps a bit with soaking up some road bumps.

Prerogative is the game-changer. Sorry I have a 1.5 rim, not 2" and a 26 inch tire wont do it, I also want to use a drum brake front wheel. Since I've got a hub for that that other wheel isn't going to be much use unfortunately..

No shocks up front, so the bigger tirethelps a bit with soaking up some road bumps.
Figure out a way to lace a 20x1.5" rim to your hub and use a 16x2.5" motorcycle tire, comes out roughly to 25.5"

You mean like this? OK now what again?
2018-02-14 00.23.45.jpg

Those numbers don't add up.

A 20" bicycle rim is 16" at the bead so the 16" motorcycle wheel will fit as they are measured at the bead, but the overall tire of the 16X2.5 motorcycle tire with a 100% aspect ratio is going to be 21".

Back