Second Build "Red Barron"

This is my second attempt. Turned out better than I had expected. It is a Micargi GTS Mustang. I put a 32T sprocket from Kings Custom Sprockets. New style push-button clutch (Love it). Dual-pull brake levers. Rides like a Champ. The springer front end and springs on the seat make all the difference in absorbing the bumps. Haven't had it full-throttle yet...still on first tank of gas. Made the mount out of Simpson Strong-Ties (construction ties). Went with the U-bolts because I was not sure about clearence issues, I didn't want to drill holes in the frame in case the forward mount didnt work. I used rubber fuel line over the U-bolts to try to lesson the vibrations....so far....so good.

Attachments

• newred1.jpg
    newred1.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 684
  • newred2.jpg
    newred2.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 460
  • newred3.jpg
    newred3.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 466
  • newred4.jpg
    newred4.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 588
  • newred5.jpg
    newred5.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 480
Last edited by a moderator:
New clutch

Way to cool man, I love it. About the clutch, I heard there was a new design coming out but haven't seen it. Did it come with your kit or buy it else where?

Lynn
"My old school creation"

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sweet little ride you got there! I like how you pit the engine forward rather than mounted on the seatpost...cool.

Redb66 nice ride,love your motor mounts,I used same on my new build. louis

Attachments

• motor mounts.jpg
    motor mounts.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 339
Clutch handle

Way to cool man, I love it. About the clutch, I heard there was a new design coming out but haven't seen it. Did it come with your kit or buy it else where?

Lynn
"My old school creation"

Purchased it from Dax.

Very nice! You should be proud to have made that beauty. CDI and engine placement worked perfectly for the frame! Good detail work with the paint and even a sheath for the ignition wires. Impressive! The only things I would do eventually is put an insulator between the mount and frame if there are excessive vibrations and get a taillight so the cagers can notice you a little better (and probably slow down to drool!)
Thanks for the pix, having a new build coming up its inspiring.

Back