security measures

J

JosephGarcia

How many of you use your bike as your main vehicle to get around? (to work, school (jeffspeeder :D ), or whatever?

on that note, How many times have you been worried about, or caught someone doing something to your bike while parked, and what security measures did you take to prevent this?

For me, I ride my bike everywhere, as it's fast, good on gas, and fun. I use a vrey thick steel chain (which isn't the best solution) to lock up my bike to the bike rack at wherever I happen to be.

but, at my adult school, I heard rumors that some of the gangsters there want to cut my brakes, or fuel line, or damage my bike somehow, and I need a way to prevent this. The chain is only good for AFTER they did soemthing, and only for a good ass whooping, which I had to do on more than one occasion. :D Sucks living in the bad cities around L.A.

I bought some "Split Loom Tubing" and fit it around the fuel line, makes it a bit harder to cut, also want to cover up any other loose wires/cables with this.

904_HPIM0491_1.jpg

I think it looks nice. lol

Also, one time I stopped to eat at Burger King, parked the bike on a bike rack near the window, and while I was eating, noticed some guy outside flipping all the switches and stuff on my bike. I ran out and shooed him away, and noticed he turned my lights on and opened my fuel valve. Didn't do any real damage, but it still sucked.

So share any stories you may have of strange people ogling your bike while it's parked, and maybe give tips and advice to help newbies from getting stuff broken or worse, stolen.

Man, that kind of stuff sucks. I (fortunately and by choice) live out in the boonies of Ashtabula county, Ohio.

Why would someone want to mess with your bike? I mean I know that stuff happens, but WTF, are they jealous or something? Have you tried to make friends and say "hey, you can have a bike like this too"?

know some people aren't happy unless they are making others unhappy. :(

hay l might have a solution for ya, l had seen this at the death race. this guy had an alarm on his bike, it was made for a house, but what it does is this: any time some one moves your bike, it sets out a load ass sound, and it actually works. l'll try and find a picture of it. this is a close-up of the alarm.
325_close_up_1.jpg

it's the little square black box, with the circle in it... l hope this helps

well yes i ride mine everyday i got to the store i ride to places that are far away and be home in time for dinner but NO rideing to school for me dont trust kids. like ill go to the gas station and i look out the window and friken ten people standing around it (ohhh awww whare did you get it how fast is it? stuff like that) thing is i dont take my eye off it i wont even ride to a store like wall mart or target cuz i cant watch my bike. its my baby and i could not live with out it.lol who knows if some one cut my fuel line and i found them thay would not live another day. an alarm system would sound nice if anyone knows of one tell me i want it. but it still is the funnest thing ive riddin before. you gotta live the nice cool saterdays when no cars are around. :D

any time some one moves your bike, it sets out a load ass sound, and it actually works.

My middle school used to give those away during magazine sales :). Yeah, they work, but they are also prone to going off for no reason whatsoever. Kinda like car alarms...

Bikeguy Joe said:
Man, that kind of stuff sucks. I (fortunately and by choice) live out in the boonies of Ashtabula county, Ohio.

Why would someone want to mess with your bike? I mean I know that stuff happens, but WTF, are they jealous or something? Have you tried to make friends and say "hey, you can have a bike like this too"?

know some people aren't happy unless they are making others unhappy. :(

Yeah I told a few people that I would build them a bike if they payed, but all there replies were "Then why don't I just jack yours?" said so casually because it happens all the time.

'garcia, i lived in palm beach county (no engine) for 6 years and NEVER let that bike outta my sight :censored:

2 years in the heart of boston, i didn't even bother trying to own one :(

now, i'm also in the boonies, & rawkin-rollin'...but i can relate

I bet my boonies are bigger than your boonies augi! :LOL:

I did ride up to where daughter no. 3 works and I never did manage to go inside because EVERYBODY had to ask me questions and people even came outside to check it out.

Believe it or not, one girl came out and said "Oh look, it's a motoredbike!" I shoulda had a sticker for her....

Back