Seen the Harley Davidson Serial 1?

It shouldn't cost too much, Harley has to be compete with many other companies making E bikes

I saw that bike, it's cool looking but no specs yet. My guess is 5k and I think the specs will be in the midrange of what's out there. HD name commands a premium in certain folks, not me though. Yamaha is selling bikes again at their dealers branded Yamaha in the $3500 range. Mid drives and the specs are in the average range for what's out there. No doubt though your getting the best quality with Yamaha stamped on it.

I hate this style ebike but the specs are the best I've seen and it's not a crazy ass price. I've had a Crosscurrent X model and it's a quality built bike, not junk in any way. If they offered that batt system on a Crosscurrent model I'd be thinking really hard about pulling the trigger on one.

Think of the range of that bike, sweet as all get out.

Well, prices unveiled!

5k + tax for there "preorder"

3.5kish for there base model.

I'd say I was pretty damn close

Specs are pretty crap to be honest.
There top of line model (keep in mind OVER 5 GRAND)

250w motor, 28mph top speed. 7 HOUR charge time
Only good thing is the range is about 25-115 "claimed" miles. Guessing its about 50-60 motor only.

Gates belt final drive has a "auto shift" cvt for pedaling, generic brand motor (brose, so higher end)

Still a hard pass on my end.

edit: and NO SUSPENSION AT ALL!

Last edited:
A guy could build a monster of an electric motorcycle for 6k. I bet HD is going to wine and cry when they only sell like 50 of these to people who have to much $ to know or care about electric assisted bicycles. How is there outsourcing of building motorcycles going for them? I know lots of people who quit Harley's when they did that. Another classic example of when a good old American company goes bad.

or hell, get an onyx bike, 60MPH out of the box! front and rear suspension and its 2k cheaper!

really though, not sure what Harley's end goal, i mean, for even their base model a Yamaha e-bike is better.

my guess is they're going to sell MAYBE a few 100 if they got a good marketing team and selling them at their dealerships.

Last edited:
Back