Seen the Harley Davidson Serial 1?

I wonder what those guys would think if they rode a real ebike? They don't strike me as Harley riders lol.
That artical is pretty biased towards HDs line, they even downplayed yamaha's e bikes (there "completion")

"This is only my second brush with ebikes, so I’m far from expert. But these H-Ds are definitely different than the Yamahas we sampled before. The Yamahas felt more like really swift bicycles, the Harleys are quite a bit further along the motorcycle spectrum: pretty sure they’re substantially heavier than the Yamahas, yet with more e-boost to offset the mass"

Seriously? I mean i get it, its HD, but 250w is 250w.

Also see a lack of then talking about the "downsides" of the bike, downsides stated numerous times on the forum here.

That artical is pretty biased towards HDs line, they even downplayed yamaha's e bikes (there "completion")

"This is only my second brush with ebikes, so I’m far from expert. But these H-Ds are definitely different than the Yamahas we sampled before. The Yamahas felt more like really swift bicycles, the Harleys are quite a bit further along the motorcycle spectrum: pretty sure they’re substantially heavier than the Yamahas, yet with more e-boost to offset the mass"

Seriously? I mean i get it, its HD, but 250w is 250w.

Also see a lack of then talking about the "downsides" of the bike, downsides stated numerous times on the forum here.
I would like to add to Mark's comment, the article said those guys pedaled all day.

The Serial 1 has its place with riders who use store bought uniforms or clothes specifically for bicycle riding. I would like to see HD build a bicycle using a 5,000watt or 8,000watt direct drive rear hub motor with 150-200 amp controller, long range battery, Harley front suspension forks and handlebars on a Felt cruiser type of frame for the same price that will go more than 50 or 70 mph respectively.

The Serial 1 has its place with riders who use store bought uniforms or clothes specifically for bicycle riding. I would like to see HD build a bicycle using a 5,000watt or 8,000watt direct drive rear hub motor with 150-200 amp controller, long range battery, Harley front suspension forks and handlebars on a Felt cruiser type of frame for the same price that will go more than 50 or 70 mph respectively.
That's way more like what i would have hoped for from them.

I think the main reason for only 250w was for legal reasons. Since some states are super strict on that kinda stuff (also imagine the lawsuit that would escalate if HD got caught selling "illegal" e-bikes)

Back