seized!

*returns, dancing with joy*

just scored an NSR150 :) missing the key, side fairings and a blinker... oh, how ive wanted one of these lil ringdings! having just got home after a four hour drive, ill have to wait til tomorrow before i hot-wire it... (yes, went out on a limb...but compressions good, fairly low km's etc etc...looks pretty clean! and the price was definitely right!)

lazy my man, that was quite a nice letter :) ive done the same, but heres the problem...

besides fabian and myself...how many other aussies are finding this ban a problem? and as it doesnt affect fabian as of yet, being in a different state (of mind :p)

none on here... they arent common, they arent popular, and the majority are sold to, well, lets face it...either kids without licenses, or people that have lost their licenses due to being...erm...silly? (i have my license, i just always enjoyed buzzing around on bicycles for some perverse reason! not to mention im a hair breadth away from losing it for two years... been there, done that before!)

it doesnt help our cause at all..."oh, i got done for speeding so i need it to get to work". better than drinking i guess :eek:

know what a judge told one person last time i appeared in court? "hire a driver"... yeah. right. pay someone more than you earn a day to drive you to work...'salright on a judges wage...

thats our legal system...thems the people that move on and make these laws up(completely out of touch with "normal" life)...its a shame, but on the good side...

it made me start looking for a new bike and now i got something, well...silly fast enough to be silly on(hold the record for fastest production bikes under 175cc!), but so much more fun than the tired old dog i was riding before!

a-ring-ding-ding-ding!

cant wait to have a go making a tuned pipe up for this baby!

:cool:

Even if the ban does come through (in Victoria) i am fortunate because my bike is set up for off-road rides, and the majority of my rides are "off-road", or in places where the police won't see enough vehicle traffic to make a "Safety Campaign" (i.e. revenue raising campaign) produce any meaningful financial benefit to the state.

The police only go to places where money is to be made.
If there is no money in it, you won't see or hear a peep out of them.

I agree.

not many oinkers round here, the only one that stopped me laughed...

and as long as one behaves, they tend to turn a blind eye.

unfortunately my plans for towing the kayak down the firetrails to the river might push the limits slightly...

oh well. just got me 150 running :cool:

now to take the key barrel to the locksmiths, so i can fill the freaking tank :) coupla blinkers and im registered :)

oh. wait. i gotta go work! GRRRR!

*returns, dancing with joy*

lazy my man, that was quite a nice letter :) ive done the same, but heres the problem...

besides fabian and myself...how many other aussies are finding this ban a problem? and as it doesnt affect fabian as of yet, being in a different state (of mind :p)

none on here... they arent common, they arent popular, and the majority are sold to, well, lets face it...either kids without licenses, or people that have lost their licenses due to being...erm...silly? (i have my license, i just always enjoyed buzzing around on bicycles for some perverse reason! not to mention im a hair breadth away from losing it for two years... been there, done that before!)

:cool:

The new bike sounds great! A gas tank with a lock on it will come in handy these days for sure ;-)
As far as the majority of kit buyers goes, well, you can never be sure. There may be alot more hobby loving and history loving adults than you think. Besides, kids are great at getting involved in civil disobedience ;-) I'm not sure you can say there are alot of motored bicyclists that have lost their drivers liscences....percentage wise. If there's a hundred, they will all know each other of course. But they're probably less than a percent. At any rate it would be cool if there was a counter measure movement in the Australian internet amongst the motored cyclists. Then you could see if it's possible to give these toungue in cheek populist politicians a run for their careers. A hundred teens blocking a highway and getting arrested might bring in older folks into the movement. Well, any strange decisions by politicians can attract suspicion these days. The next thing you know, you've got biker clubs joining in to a grassroots movement.

Even if the ban does come through (in Victoria) i am fortunate because my bike is set up for off-road rides, and the majority of my rides are "off-road", or in places where the police won't see enough vehicle traffic to make a "Safety Campaign" (i.e. revenue raising campaign) produce any meaningful financial benefit to the state.

The police only go to places where money is to be made.
If there is no money in it, you won't see or hear a peep out of them.

It might be fun for the sake of getting involved with civil activism though. A chance to meet lots of interesting new people =-)

I agree.

not many oinkers round here, the only one that stopped me laughed...

and as long as one behaves, they tend to turn a blind eye.

unfortunately my plans for towing the kayak down the firetrails to the river might push the limits slightly...

oh well. just got me 150 running :cool:

now to take the key barrel to the locksmiths, so i can fill the freaking tank :) coupla blinkers and im registered :)

oh. wait. i gotta go work! GRRRR!

I think nobody will care about you towing a tank down a fire trail with a bulldozer, let alone a kayak with a motorized bicycle!
Check out this titanium and aluminum kayak bicycle trailer that someone gave me as a gift last spring. It was a home made job back in the Soviet 70's made by some water sports tourists. Somebody had access to the Moscow Aviation Institute for sure to get such a good grade of titanium and such good welds done. The owner couldnt find any other tires than for wheelbarrows, made in China. So he gave up on it. I managed to find some good thick treaded 3 inch wide 8 inch rim moped tires. They barely squeeze on the rims and just fit into the drop outs and have a quarter inch clearance! The rims are solid aluminum, home-made types (quite heavy). I put new bearings into them all around as well. Suddenly I decided to make a new trailer because this one would not carry the loads I needed no matter how I reinforced it, and the wheel base seemed too narrow for my tall and heavy loads. I'm thinking of selling it now.

Attachments

• IMG_1095.jpg
    IMG_1095.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_1094.jpg
    IMG_1094.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_1096.jpg
    IMG_1096.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 217
Here's my new trailer. It really needs to have the brake mechanism installed into the moped wheels if it is to carry the loads it is capable of. It's good with a motorized bicycle on more or less flat landscape and more or less level road surfaces, meaning that there are not boulders jutting out of the road 30 to 50 cm tall every few yards and there are not very steep inclines.
I used it with a bicycle and towed 200 kilos(bicycle weight included) for 20 km on the worst imaginable roads before I finally hailed down a local dump truck that services one of the remote mines in that area. I got back to town the same way. If I had an ATV or at least a motorcycle it would have been okay. But when that trailer is loaded, it pushes real briskly when you are going down into and then out of deep crater like puddles. It lifted me and the bike about a half meter off the ground and I barely managed to land on my feet, but the bike didnt. At one point I had to evacuate some elderly tourists that I met there. My baggage plus theirs, about 300 kilos. Nearly the entire 2 km road was downhill, nothing to worry about....well. My bike brakes worked, but the tires would begin to just scrape and slide over the road gravels with the trailer pushing me downhill. By not allowing it to gain any speed, they were able to hold the trailer back and brake it by hand while I sat on the bike holding the wheels down and braking too. The new place we went to was by the road and it was easy to catch a passing truck when we decided to go home. As you can see, it is possible to use some locally available branches or poles to transform the trailer into a rickshaw. I have a few design changes in plans for that as well though.
The whole trip is here: http://s1371.photobucket.com/user/medsci747/library/ if you want to check it out. The subpolar, northern end of the Ural mountains in the Komi Republic. There is gold all over the place there. The mountains are 2.3 billion years old, so the bed rock is just crumbling down and all the goodies are covered up pretty good. My goal was to get through the national park to the eastern slopes in the Hantsi-Mantsi Republic. It was a no go. I was stuck in the National Park Yugid-Va. So at least I had a nice vacation. The coldest year anyone remembers in 25 years. There was snow still on the ground at the end of July and snow at the end of August sent me whreeling on home to the nice warm southern town of Moscow.

Attachments

• IMG_1559.jpg
    IMG_1559.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1591.jpg
    IMG_1591.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1592.jpg
    IMG_1592.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1593.jpg
    IMG_1593.jpg