seized!

thankyou for the pictures to back me up :)

now, wheres the PROOF you rode from south east melbourne all the way, all 350km of it, to mt hotham? there isnt any. in fact, considering there doesnt seem to be much luggage on that trailer, for a 350km ride (i get 18 hours for 350 km, at 20 an hour)...travelling rather light arent you? wheres the other five trailers? wheres the jerry can? now you want us to believe you can travel 350km with just those two lil 1L bottles of spare fuel behind your seat?

why the bike rack at all? doesnt this uber reliable bike of yours just eat up the km, without flinching? so...why the bike racks? rather superfluous, are they not? why the need to carry it around? why not just USE it? would the extra travel harm it in some way?

in this proposed joint venture of ours (yes, yes, its my proposal initially, so in your modification of this joint venture...why wont you do what i request, and simply meet halfway? you know, explore new territory? lets go to canberra and buy some fireworks :) post pics of each others bikes...rather than pics of our own rides? my way...we cover the same ground, equal distances...your way...you just sit inside a heated automobile for 99% of the journey... which rather defeats the purpose, im sure some would agree...

at the same time, i dont deny that you might ride AROUND mt hotham, once youve DRIVEN your bike there with the car... i never implied that you didnt.

i could quite easily take my bike to melbourne next time work takes me there and take a picture of it in front of a sign or suitable landmark, doesnt prove that i actually rode it there, does it?

by 5km down the road...take things out of context all you wish :) im sure any one with some intelligence, reading this farce of a thread, would realise that i meant 5km down the road from my proposed meeting ground, gundagai... or holbrook, if you dont think you can make it that far ;) tarcutta maybe, possibly... im not going past albury.

i love these endless arguments, they take my mind off more serious problems :)

comic relief :mad5:

now, on a more serious note...my teflon head gasket seemed to hold up quite well, 200 km clocked up already :) shame i had to replace it because curiosity got the better of me and i had to pop the head to see how it was holding up :giggle:

I am sure you will be just fine doing the 2,500+ kilometer round trip, once you replicate my motorised bicycle down to the last nut and bolt, but we both know that you'll never get more than a few miles down the road with your bike setup.

then howsabout you ride up here to sydney, then we can venture up to newcastle together? head out west to dubbo, down south to adelaide, then ill drop you off at melbourne and head off back up north, home again?

wheres my chicken gone again?

buk buk buk...bughurk.

ill bring the frypan and bacon, youll supply the eggs :giggle:

then howsabout you ride up here to sydney, then we can venture up to newcastle together? head out west to dubbo, down south to adelaide, then ill drop you off at melbourne and head off back up north, home again?

If i am going to ride anywhere it will be around Kangaroo Island when the weather gets better.

If you want to ride around with pointless intent, then please feel free to express your masochistic tendencies, because i'm not going to be the one towing you home; when trying to prove a point that your engine can rev to 8,000 rpm all day long on 50:1 oil/fuel ratio.

thankyou for the pictures to back me up :)

I am always here to help.

now, wheres the PROOF you rode from south east melbourne all the way, all 350km of it, to mt hotham? there isnt any.

That is well explained in my thread on "Alpine Hill Climbs".
I suggest that you study the thread carefully.

there doesnt seem to be much luggage on that trailer, for a 350km [ride...] travelling rather light arent you? wheres the other five trailers? wheres the jerry can? now you want us to believe you can travel 350km with just those two lil 1L bottles of spare fuel behind your seat?

Again you make a terrible error. Those bottles are 750ml each. HeadSmess, you are a wood duck. Stop sprouting untruths on this forum.

why the bike rack at all?

It's not just a bike rack. It's the Liberace of bike racks. It's too good to stay sitting in the garage, so sometimes it gets taken out for some fresh air.

doesnt this uber reliable bike of yours just eat up the km, without flinching?

It does all that and more, just like a set of good steak knives.

why the need to carry it around?

Because it makes me look purposeful when driving on the freeway, just like BMW X5 drivers who have uber expensive road racing bikes permanently attached to the roof of their vehicle; with spoke nipples showing surface rust on the bottom part of the bicycle wheel as the bikes never leave the roof rack.

Sometimes you've got to make those people experience true envy.
Think of my actions as a civic duty.

you just sit inside a heated automobile for 99% of the journey...

I have been know to sit in a heated automobile; in supreme comfort and with a gracious female assistant to pass me suitably rewarding food snacks on a long journey.
From time to time it happens, and i feel perfectly fine living with the guilt of it all.

in this proposed joint venture of ours

It's your proposal. I never agreed to anything so foolish.
I'm proposing a trip around Kangaroo Island this summer. Take or leave it Mr HeadSmess and quit your whinging.

i dont deny that you might ride AROUND mt hotham

Mt Hotham and a lot more, in fact a lot, lot more.

i could quite easily take my bike to Melbourne next time work takes me there and take a picture of it in front of a sign or suitable landmark

But that would be cheating, and i am not a dirty filthy cheat.

by 5km down the road...take things out of context all you wish im sure any one with some intelligence, reading this farce of a thread, would realise that i meant 5km down the road from my proposed meeting ground, gundagai...

5km is 5km. Nobody says that you are dumb, but one could be forgiven that you were sixteen years old before you learned how to wave good-bye.

i love these endless arguments, they take my mind off more serious problems

I think a lot of people wake up and make morning coffee, then look forward to reading this thread; having a good laugh to start the day in the right way.

Last edited:
I am always here to help.

That is well explained in my thread on "Alpine Hill Climbs".
I suggest that you study the thread carefully.

Again you make a terrible error. Those bottles are 750ml each. HeadSmess, you are a wood duck. Stop sprouting untruths on this forum.

It's not just a bike rack. It's the Liberace of bike racks. It's too good to stay sitting in the garage, so sometimes it gets taken out for some fresh air.

It does all that and more, just like a set of good steak knives.

Because it makes me look purposeful when driving on the freeway, just like BMW X5 drivers who have uber expensive road racing bikes permanently attached to the roof of their vehicle; with spoke nipples showing surface rust on the bottom part of the bicycle wheel as the bikes never leave the roof rack.

Sometimes you've got to make those people experience true envy.
Think of my actions as a civic duty.

I have been know to sit in a heated automobile; in supreme comfort and with a gracious female assistant to pass me suitably rewarding food snacks on a long journey.
From time to time it happens, and i feel perfectly fine living with the guilt of it all.

It's your proposal. I never agreed to anything so foolish.
I'm proposing a trip around Kangaroo Island this summer. Take or leave it Mr HeadSmess and quit your whinging.

Mt Hotham and a lot more, in fact a lot, lot more.

But that would be cheating, and i am not a dirty filthy cheat.

5km is 5km. Nobody says that you are dumb, but one could be forgiven that you were sixteen years old before you learned how to wave good-bye.

I think a lot of people wake up and make morning coffee, then look forward to reading this thread; having a good laugh to start the day in the right way.
Wow, I don't think anybody does anymore than glean this nonsense.Let me settle it, Headmess, you cannot win an internet argument with a person who has the posting equivalent of verbal diarrhea.Fabian you are a king (in your own mind) so splash around and decree in the teacup some more.

Headmess, you cannot win an internet argument with a person who has the posting equivalent of verbal diarrhea.Fabian you are a king (in your own mind) so splash around and decree in the teacup some more.

Oh hush now. It seems your brain waves have fallen a little short of the beach today.

i wish i had an automobile sometimes.... :cry:
and i do miss the days of having a nice "accessory" on the back of my moto :cry:

what? win an argument online? im not here to win anything! we just like arguing :) for this exact reason...

it doesnt matter which side anyone chooses to take, we all have our own preferences...mine is to rev the bejesus out of anything i own...except my brushcutter, for some strange reason:unsure: i find the lil honda 25 cuts so much better at half throttle, never really needs much more than that. plus im scared :poop:less of the damage the blades could inflict if they ever let go at full tilt... they can cut through a 3 inch stump in under a minute as it is...

fabian lugs heavy loads up hills, slowly. i ring every last rev i can from mine so i can get places in a reasonable time frame... and find some sense of satisfaction when i do get one to let go... they take quite a lot of abuse :)

kangaroo island huh? guess its bigger than cockatoo island, though theres some really nice old lathes there from when it was a ship yard...ever seen a 12" square shank lathe tool, and the chips that come off of them? :eek:

and as lion island is forbidden to land on, due to the seal colony...

phillip island perhaps?

right, lets see if google maps will make linux freeze again...i hate restarting my computer!

im not entirely sure where hoppa-roo island actually IS...:eek:...

Back