Selling motorized bicycles

Now that i have taken the time to really perfect my bike I woudl love to do it again and maybe then sell a third one. but I have no garage and no more $$$

heres a overpriced engine in the uk of ebay

no one is going to buy this at 500 pounds getting on for $1000 at current exchange rate.ebay Item number: 150078705277.you have to have them registered and approved befor putting them on the road over here wich is a lot of money paid to our greedy government.just type in item no if you are interested in looking at the ad.its probably one of the chinese kits i imported in 2005.

selling finished bikes

I thought about this, it's the reason I built mine. I wanted to see how practical it is. I think it's possible to make a profit building and selling bikes,,,,,,,,,but I own a home and think a LOT about liability. If I build a bike and some idiot doing thirty miles an hour thinks he can stop on a dime using only a rear coaster brake and has an accident, I WILL be held liable for his asinine assumptions. I could end up subsidizing the remaining life of some double digit IQ fool. I don't need that, and I have NO idea how much product liability insurance on a bike would be, but I bet it's more than enough to put the squonk on any commercial venture like this.

turbo / chaos...you have 2 posts and both of them are advertisements...that's
what we call billboarding 'round these parts.

sorry did not mean to new to this very sorry aboute that just puting some info in on the hole selling thing againe sorry

um sorry for that just trying to put some info in but the thing is on the bikes th4 cheaper you sell them tyhe better it is im trying to say like $400 for a complte bike or $250 for a engine kit thats all sorry if it was concedered billbpostin or what ever new to this sight

Turbo....billboarding is "selling" in the general areas. There is a special "Buy/Sell/Trade"area for members only, but you will have use Craigslist or e-Bay to "sell" engines, MB.com does not sell items but gives assistance to make up for confusing instructions.

bbg

well, you were more than "informing"...you had prices and a phone number posted. you didn't introduce yourself. you didn't even quite get your "ad" in the correct area or contribute to this discussion. mostly, it appears as if you were after some free advertising. that spells billboarding. sellers who successfully interact on MBc start by socializing and sharing relevant info...any sales that result will be come naturally. people here like to buy from other people they know.

i guess maybe you should start by reading the MBc rules and policies before posting, eh?

that's good advice for all prospective members, too :)

Back