Selling oscar

005.JPG005.JPGSELLING OSCAR

Most of you know OSCAR, the NE-5 Whizzer I've owned since buying it as an unsold 2005 model on November 1, 2008, with zero miles on the odometer.

Since owning OSCAR, I've logged a bit over 400 miles on him in 4 years and 2 months.

I want to sell him because I've bought a replica of another nostalgic machine from my high school days in the early 1950's: A Mustang Motor Scooter!

OSCAR has had good care and has had many modifications, by both Quenton and myself, which I list as follows:

Removal of the carburetor intake restrictor plate.

Re-jetting of the carb.

Replacing the stock muffler insert with one which has a 23% better flow.

Replacing the stock valve lifters with hard Mushroom Lifters, which were recommended by Quenton.

Replacing the stock camshaft with a WC-1 cam, recommended by Quenton.

Advancing the valve timing by one tooth on the camshaft gear, recommened by Quenton

Having Quenton mill the head and scoop the combustion chamber.

Replacing the automatic centrifugal clutch with a manual slip clutch. (My most satisfying modification!)

Replacing the stock wheels with Worksman wheels, with heavier spokes.

Re-formed the exhaust pipe to give an "upswept" look, which I've always admired since my old high school days.

Adding a package carrier and a tool bag.

These mods have created a truly "personalized" Whizzer, which now has the stuff to exceed 40 MPH, although I've only had it to 37.

I've got about $1500-$1600 invested, but I'm asking $1250 or best offer for this low-mileage, clean, well-cared-for Whizzer Motorbike.

Payment to be by Cash or Cashier's Check, no PayPal, please.

Thank You,
Harold Pollner (Hal the Elder)
Apple Valley, CA
760-247-4785

Attachments

• 001 (2).JPG
    001 (2).JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
I like your high voltage gizmo!

Bring your new bike out to the Saturday April 6th SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing event.
Would like to check it out and meet you. :)

If you still have your Whizzer for sale you may find a buyer there.

Nope, I won't make it!

I don't like noisy, dusty, competitive activities like that, but thanks for the opportunity!

Perhaps we can meet at a nice, quiet park under green shade trees...that's MY idea of excitement!

Cheers,
HAL

Attachments

• 015 (3).jpg
    015 (3).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Nope, I won't make it!

I don't like noisy, dusty, competitive activities like that, but thanks for the opportunity!

Perhaps we can meet at a nice, quiet park under green shade trees...that's MY idea of excitement!

Cheers,
HAL

Heh, I like your style. Good like with the sale.

Hey Denton,

Where there's a will, there's a way. I'll bet you could get that bike to NC. It's a real sweet looking bike.

Mary

dad burn shame the bike is in CA. I am in NC.... would luv to have the bike
**** denton

Last edited:
Mary, there's only one way that Oscar will get to any buyer, regardess of his/her location.

The buyer must come to my location with the asking price of $1000 in hand, and with the transportation to take Oscar away to wherever they please.

HAL

Mary, there's only one way that Oscar will get to any buyer, regardess of his/her location.

The buyer must come to my location with the asking price of $1000 in hand, and with the transportation to take Oscar away to wherever they please.

HAL

Hi Hal,

My response was meant for the guy who lives in NC.

Mary

Back