Seriously

Local time
6:42 PM
Yo do I got this 3hp Briggs and Stratton m putting on my bike yes it's a 4 stroke... My question is if I get a centrifugal clutch like what's on a minibike or go cart let's say 11 tooth would that work ? Incase it matters my back wheel is 26 inch with 36 tooth sprocket ..

Yeah, def wrong section. Anyway, you're gonna need more reduction to make it work. That's what those bolt-on jackshafts do.

Otherwise:
NoReduction.jpg

You'll burn up the clutch trying to get anywhere.

Edit: fixed image

Last edited:
I had a friend have me help out his son with a build, the moron tried to run a 10t to a 44t, no other reduction on a 26" bike... with a 35cc honda weedwacker motor :ROFLMAO:. He wondered why it didn't help for s**t when he gave it full throttle. At that steep ass gear ratio it was geared to go 123 mph at 7k rpm with just 1.63 hp. It takes roughly 4 hp to go 55 mph if you tuck hard against the wind, over 5 if sitting up.

You'll need at least the 79cc conversion kit gearing. Those B&S 3.5 hp engines aren't really designed to run much faster than 4.5K and they're all of about 120cc's Seriously, if you don't have the tools or experience in making up a from scratch engine drive system you're gonna have a hard go with it.

For about $90, Amazon has this all in one 49cc 2 cycle weedeater engine and gearbox that would be easier to make into a bike drive than starting from scratch with a used B&S. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QVCNF8...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back