Setting up R/S35

frame mount

Starr
If I were you I would go with the frame mount. It allows you to work on the wheel W/O having to take the mount off and.....NO more axle length problems!! Take some measurements...take your time...voila!! The main thing is the distance from the axle to the high point on the underside of the lower part of the engine mount ...it doesn't matter where the motor is sitting in relation to front or back lean... it s round...and always in relation to the center point ( except too much lean on a four stroke is not good ) ...it is all about distance from the belt to the ringgear. Do it...you wont regret it...have Dad help.

Cool Beans BAMA!!

Yeah dude !! I thinks this thing is gonna take off in a big way...the price of gas..the way people look at me when I'm ridin'..who knows whats next. We need to be a BAND OF BROTHERS...like the WWII movie...joined at the hip for this new milennium movement. The gas guzzlers are on their way out...we need to promote this move in a big way. Tolerence and acceptance by local law enforcement is a big issue...as is roadway rights for us.... it will evolve in time...I'm excited..........120 miles to date...want bigger seat and hgher handlebars.

Lars

Starr
If I were you I would go with the frame mount. It allows you to work on the wheel W/O having to take the mount off and.....NO more axle length problems!! Take some measurements...take your time...voila!! The main thing is the distance from the axle to the high point on the underside of the lower part of the engine mount ...it doesn't matter where the motor is sitting in relation to front or back lean... it s round...and always in relation to the center point ( except too much lean on a four stroke is not good ) ...it is all about distance from the belt to the ringgear. Do it...you wont regret it...have Dad help.[/COLOR]

I second that emotion.:cool:

In fact, that might be THE biggest moddy/repair of the R/S ranters, so the engine and additional fuel supply lines stay independent of that rear wheel.

Think of the hassle, all the auxillery fuel lines and such, if you had to take the wheel off in the middle of nowhere.

Frame mounting a r/s 35 makes sense.

On vertical fuel tanks like the 2 cycles, not so much.

Last edited:
Well...Julia from GEBE sent me a replacement cover for my engine/clutch ( the plastic one ) and it is no way gonna fit without some major modifications..it looks a bit thicker in the area where it mounts to the bolt which is where they break.I'm gonna measure it and see if it is thicker. But a lotta good it will do me if I cant get it on! Dont they try them on a kit there b4 they ship to see if it fits or not....and she wants me to pay $7 shipping for it! Like it was my fault it broke so I need to pay for something that is under their warranty? This is my first problem with them...they are always nice when you call and try to be helpful.....but I think they need to step out of the warehouse with some of their kits...go to walmart and buy a bike..take it home and put it on the bike...if they can...and ride it 50 miles....so they can get the FULL EXPERIENCE some of us have...gas tank wont fill without putting the rear wheel in a tree.....spokes breaking...belts slipping...gotta cut the rear support to mount it on the frame cause a bolts in the way or the axle is too short.....There...my first big rant is over. If it wasn't for all you guys out there helping, encouraging...and listening....We are definately a Band of Brothers.
Lars

Lars,

How about copying the rant and putting it under this thread as a "heads up"?

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=5531

My advise on new installs is leave the durn thing off for a couple of hundred miles "breaking in the engine". Put it on the shelf until everything is running right, after you've shown all your family and friends exactly how it works.

CUZ, the most aggrevating discovery is the little black ball on the tension arm costs $4 plus shipping, and taking off that cover umpteen times not only takes too long, but one time you are gonna not get it tight enough, reach behind you and find it missing.

No warranties on plastic items seems right, I broke a lot of covers before I started reinforcing them, but the concept is easier to explain to strangers with the cover off....and your rant would emphasize the reinforcing steps.

Well...Julia from GEBE sent me a replacement cover for my engine/clutch ( the plastic one ) and it is no way gonna fit without some major modifications..it looks a bit thicker in the area where it mounts to the bolt which is where they break.I'm gonna measure it and see if it is thicker. But a lotta good it will do me if I cant get it on! Dont they try them on a kit there b4 they ship to see if it fits or not....and she wants me to pay $7 shipping for it! Like it was my fault it broke so I need to pay for something that is under their warranty? This is my first problem with them...they are always nice when you call and try to be helpful.....but I think they need to step out of the warehouse with some of their kits...go to walmart and buy a bike..take it home and put it on the bike...if they can...and ride it 50 miles....so they can get the FULL EXPERIENCE some of us have...gas tank wont fill without putting the rear wheel in a tree.....spokes breaking...belts slipping...gotta cut the rear support to mount it on the frame cause a bolts in the way or the axle is too short.....There...my first big rant is over. If it wasn't for all you guys out there helping, encouraging...and listening....We are definately a Band of Brothers.
Lars

Last edited:
Hey Lars, I think Dennis does ride these bikes so am sure he's aware of some of the ticks these kits have and I agree with Bama about plastic covers not being warrantied; mine has broken twice so far, think I'll make my own out of thick aluminum sheet.

I tried to call him yesterday (heard Lansing had a tornado), to give him a heads up on the bottom plastic cover on the new Tanaka, mine cracked at the spot where the machine bolt holds it on.

That was the source of a new noise.

Bit of superglue, can't even see it now, held up on the first bumpy 10 mile test.....

Plastic is not compatible with our outrageous speeds on these lousy bumpy roads.

Back