Sh*t I broke a screw off flush in the motor front bracket stud holes

You can use a dremel with a cutting blade to cut a straight line thru the middle of the broken stud. Then use a flat head screwdriver to back it out.

remember high school chemistry class? you can use a heated mix of alum and water to attack the steel stud without damaging the aluminum case. it'll pull the iron molecules into solution and just leave a brittle little turd of whatever alloying agents are in the steel. just don't let any steel you don't want gone touch the solution.

I just stick the part into a cake pan full of the stuff and leave it in the oven for a few beers. mine's gas so I don't even need to turn the thing on, but if yours is electric just turn it to whatever the lowest setting is.

if you've got the stuff to do it the easy way, go for it, but $6 worth of alum vs having to buy $30 worth of kit to helicoil it isn't bad

heres what i do , drill a hole in the stud then hammer a screwdriver(slightly bigger than the hole) into the holejust unscrew it then.

you can drill out the center & use a knife or pliers or even jb weld an implement to turn it w/ on there. w/ center drilled the bolt gets very weak so one you get it 1/8 turn it'll grrr really easy

Back