Sha carburetor leaks

heyhi

Local time
12:46 PM
Batavus hs50. I installed a treats Street high compression head. When I tilted the bike over to change my jet because it got cold out a bunch of gasoline started pouring out of the carburetor. It seems like it's coming out of the float bowl. I took the bowl off, cleaned it when I put it back on I made sure to put it on evenly with even pressure on the screws. The bike runs pretty good better than it was. I popped my head down there today and I noticed that it's wet around the bowl again. What could this be from?

Another issue I have is before the compression head replaced the bike would turn over and start with one kick. Now I have to get on the bike and pedal for it to start.

Batavus hs50. I installed a treats Street high compression head. When I tilted the bike over to change my jet because it got cold out a bunch of gasoline started pouring out of the carburetor. It seems like it's coming out of the float bowl. I took the bowl off, cleaned it when I put it back on I made sure to put it on evenly with even pressure on the screws. The bike runs pretty good better than it was. I popped my head down there today and I noticed that it's wet around the bowl again. What could this be from?

Another issue I have is before the compression head replaced the bike would turn over and start with one kick. Now I have to get on the bike and pedal for it to start.
Post a picture so we can see what you're dealing with please.

You put a high compression head on it. So of course it will take more to get it to turn over.

You turned the bike upside down. So of course fuel is going to run out of it. Now you have a leaking bowl gasket because you messed with it.

It turns out that one of the bolts on the head was stripped so wouldn't tighten all the way that's where the leak was. I ended up fixing that bolt with a Time cert insert. As far as the float bowl, took it off cleaned it and make sure I put it on hand tight before I tightened it down. It starts up easier now but it seems like I have to give it some throttle to start it or it dies right away. It's about 60 degrees Fahrenheit here. Is that why I have to give it gas to start it. I could jump on the bike and pedal it maybe once or twice with gas and it starts up. If I'm trying to start it without the gas It won't start

It turns out that one of the bolts on the head was stripped so wouldn't tighten all the way that's where the leak was. I ended up fixing that bolt with a Time cert insert. As far as the float bowl, took it off cleaned it and make sure I put it on hand tight before I tightened it down. It starts up easier now but it seems like I have to give it some throttle to start it or it dies right away. It's about 60 degrees Fahrenheit here. Is that why I have to give it gas to start it. I could jump on the bike and pedal it maybe once or twice with gas and it starts up. If I'm trying to start it without the gas It won't start
Did you try the choke?

Back