Well I thought it was a carb issue...

Do you use a torque wrench in an X pattern with multiple passes whenever you re-install the head?
If not that would explain many things.

Last edited:
I probably already said this. I would put the NT back on. They work good, and they are much easier to dial in having a needle as well as jet for tuning. One of these days I gona try one of the walbro set ups.

I probably already said this. I would put the NT back on. They work good, and they are much easier to dial in having a needle as well as jet for tuning. One of these days I gona try one of the walbro set ups.
I fully agree with Gary on this also there have been other members from Austraila on the form and their jetting was more in the mid 60's as suggested earlier a #55 just sounds odd!

I'm not sure what your trying to say frank?

But so far it doesn't sound very welcoming......maybe just the way I'm reading it.
Do you understand why they don't work or are you just wanting to say I wasted my money because you don't understand them either?
Because if your saying I wasted my money you haven't seen my hobby room :p:D;)
My wife would love your support :rolleyes:

Any way on with my problem

Oh and I just ordered half a dozen copper painted head gaskets :p it's not a race motor mate ;)
What I'm saying is just because the bottle came with the engine that doesn't automatically mean it's a good part of the engine, it's like giving you a cracked intake manifold with it, or a blown gasket, most of the stuff that comes with every kit is sheer junk and could use a suitable upgrade.

Waste of money? The bottle is, in my wife's opinion if it is part of or has anything to do with a bicycle engine then it's a waste of cash, but then again her clothing and shoe collection isn't the best spent money in the world either, maybe one day she actually will wear that pair of shoes.
You do know that Jake doesn't like to be called Frank, don't you Stoneman? :D
Ride Safe :)
It's not that I don't like it, I just mentioned it sometimes feels odd since Frank is an actual first name, and if I can't remember somebody's name I call them Frank, odd being on the other side of that table.

I want to give a good walbro a try too, maybe next year, for now a carb with 2 jets and a needle and an air idle adjustment screw is enough lol... Definitely good to pick an nt if you want to dial in a motor, but a Dellorto clone is really good for a new biker who probably can't even tell the difference between slightly rich or slightly lean. At least they can keep the nt on the shelf and for the time being use a del clone to get it running.

Running is to crawling as dialing in is to walking. (running like the bike goes forward with gas not legs)

I fully agree with Gary on this also there have been other members from Austraila on the form and their jetting was more in the mid 60's as suggested earlier a #55 just sounds odd!

I saw that too, 55 is really small for one of these, small enough my jet collection ends at 60 and I've never once thought I had to install a 55 in anything I've ever touched.

Maybe he has a bad float level or something else is off, can't see why it needs to be that small unless his air filter is really really bad at letting air through..

Agree

That may point to the float level as Jake mentioned

I hope it is Jake!?

Last edited:
Thanks jake
I will check my float
The only details I've found but is 21 mm from gasket to bottom of float when upside down
Is that having the bowl level or sitting on the angle it wants to sit when upside down

I got a compression tester today, yet to test but
Can any one help out with stock compression I should be seeing ?
I want to rule out the gasket and head so I'm not chasing my tail
The filter
I did oil it with a bit of k&n filter oil, but no different than I do my motorbike filter
Just a light dusting of it and it just came off the dyno with no issues of air flow
So I doubt that's the issue as I've oiled filter for years (but could be a possibility)
Plus I'm back with the stock NT and still a 60 wont let it rev...

Last edited:
Waste of money? The bottle is, in my wife's opinion if it is part of or has anything to do with a bicycle engine then it's a waste of cash, but then again her clothing and shoe collection isn't the best spent money in the world either, maybe one day she actually will wear that pair of shoes.
)

If our wives meet we are doomed! :eek:

I'm on your side ;)

That's where I'm back at

Back