Shaft peened need to retap

Same thing I was literally just looking at some online. I don't want to get something that would break in a few uses though might get a mid range priced set. I think it's time I build up some tools need a dead blow/rubber mallet and a clutch puller too. Was trying to remove the governor on my old 79cc and the stupid clutch wouldn't come off.

Last edited:
Yes proper tools really really help and save time and can even save money from not messing up parts. A 5/16 thread should be fine. When i split stubborn cases i always use a piece of wood in-between the work and the hammer. I'm not sure what you're doing that you might need a dead blow but to each there own.

All the nuts and bolts are metric threads. I'm suspecting the one you are looking for is a m10x1.0
Im not 100% on that but I am 100% sure it's a metric thread. If you have the undamaged nut it should be no problem finding the correct bolt to go in it then you will know the exact size. Also thread pitch gauges are available very cheap at princess auto in canada or I believe it's called harbour freight in the US. Good luck on getting it fixed up.

It used to was metric before it was all banged up. You can recut the threads to English or metric. You'll have to use a different nut of course.

100% sure the magnet nut is 8mm 1.0
same thread as the flat head bevel gear bolt on the other side of the crank.
Thanks that was my first guess as it looked too small to be 1.25. I will buy an american M8 x 1 die. One thing i noticed is does the flared side of the tap make it worse? the thread is already collapsed I've never had to chase a thread so idk what the best way to do it is but I know it can't be crooked.

Back