ShellyBelly Whisper Drive Belt Drive 4 Stroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question that might be obviously stupid... but what is the advantage to this setup versus a regular pocketbike clutch with a gear sprocket?

Longevity would be the main advantage. These are American HD Go Cart and Utility Clutches and belts that are used in high speed apps like alternaters and hard working machines like lathes and mills etc. They are much less complicated than well designed chain drives.

Style, versatility, performance, to name a few, would be more reasons. American machined parts w/ very few imported components. Quality w/ economy, A truly Pro Quality 4 Stroke Kit Starting at $500 (including the motor of course). These are just prototypes and I'm sure they'll teach Dan and I some things about our initial design. But they're not complicated and can be made affordably while keeping the labor and much of the materials domestic.

Thanks, Evan FBC

I like it. I have a similar setup using the clone GX100 engine and belt drive. I used another belt going to a home built *Gebe* style ring attached to the rim. It has worked very well for about 11,000 miles so far. Seems to me I read in one of your posts that you might go with an aluminum pulley. I would reccomend against it. I tried that, and they seem to wear a bit fast for this type of use. Of course this was the secondary drive on mine which means it is exposed to road grime which could be a contributing factor. Good luck with your design, and I will be following your experiences with the Greyhound engine. That is one I haven't tried yet.

Denny

Nice, I like the #'s on the Honda 100 but it's pricey. Thanks for the input, encouraging stuff!

Evan FBC

Dan (Shelly Motorbikes) and I (Evan, FireBelly Cycles) have teamed up to bring a Mid Priced, High Value 4stroke kit w/ function and style.

We are excited to share pictures of the prototype that we'll be rigorously testing starting just after the holidays!

Happy Holidays!

What kind of tranny is it? Kind of CVT or single speed?

Single speed. CVT is nice, looking into it! This is designed to be a basic transmission Specifically designed for 4500 rpm max motors and is performing well so far. I have under 50 mi so far and Dan will recieve his next week so he can start putting miles on his as well!

9.688:1 reduction over 35mph top speed! Will be reporting results of different ratios soon. vids this weekend as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back