Jackshaft Shift Kit Questions for anyone thats allready installed one

I am a private person and don't like talking to strangers.

Life is too short to be reserved or shy; otherwise known as "a private person".

I say, annoy the heck out of everyone with gleeful enthusiasm; even doing so to moderators on the other site who are required to endlessly chase you down with bounding leaps of speed to slap on infraction points for being high on life :devilish:

What you saw with the chain is usually just the binding you get when you break a link on that fat chain and yes it works itself out with a little oil help.

Now for the fun part of experienced tips, have you found the joy of skipping gears on a shift?
On a 7-speed I only use the even numbered gears.
Start in 2nd, max it and jump to 4th, max it and jump to 6th.
In short treat it like a 3-speed which is what I like best especially as an internal hub with a fat chain to it.

Just let the motor idle jump you 2 sprockets at a time in shifting up or down and see if you don't find just even numbered ones are perfect for being even more awesome.

As for looks and questions and your reclusive feelings you can take this as an opportunity to be a bit more social or just tell everyone you don't know what it is and you just ride it.

You seem very social on-line, maybe just be the way you are here in real life contact?
Ya never know what new good friends you can meet and keep if you do is all and you did well bud.

I have 8 gears, I start in 1st and hit my upside down (mounted on left side) rapid fire button twice then end up in 7th cruising low rpm's. Its like a 4 speed transmission. I haven't really used 8th gear so i'm thinking of getting the optional chain ring to lower my gears (numerically higher) a little. Id like 1st gear to be more like a granny gear, My driveway is really steep and I have to be going at least 8mph to get up it without lugging the motor. Id like to be able to power up it at a crawl. I think sick bike parts should give you an option of what chain ring you need when you order the kit. I weigh 375lbs, 6'5" im a really big guy. Need lower gears.
I'm getting used to the people that want to know about the bike. I just don't like the attention when I lock it up at the store to go do a little shopping for fear it wont be there when I come back. Today I cut the motor off in the parking lot and pedaled to the bike lockup area. No one notices the bike has a motor when its not running, why I guess I mounted the tank on a rear rack in a bag.

Last edited:
I use the Tetra chainwheel method using the optional SickBikeParts 24 tooth, 30 tooth and (standard) 36 tooth sprockets driving the rear cassette and the optional 9 tooth jackshaft sprocket driving the optional 48 tooth sprocket.

This gives me a top speed of 5 miles per hour at 5,000 rpm, and consequently a tremendous amount of pulling power in low range 1st gear. High range top gear gives acceptable top speed capability.

If you need even more pulling power, a company called Kings Sales and Service can manufacture custom chainwheel sprockets to your specification - http://www.kingssalesandservice.com/

The pulling power shown in the photos is achievable with the optional gearing setup from SickBikeParts.

dual_p12.jpg

dual_p11.jpg

Last edited:
The pulling power shown in the photos is achievable with the optional gearing setup from SickBikeParts.

View attachment 49653
You call that pulling power?
THIS is pulling power...

KCbikeBoat640.jpg

KCbikeBoat640close.jpg

It strained pretty hard with a friend riding in the 28' boat up hills so I figured why not just add a toggle hitch and another bike so we could ride together in front and pull the boat easier together while we talked?

It came out like this.

KC2bikesBoatAll.jpg

KC2bikesBoatClose.jpg

Talk about a couple of guys having a great 'boys day at the lake with riding' day!

JUST KIDDING GUYS!
No hitches on the bikes and nothing but a truck moved that boat but I loved the chance to post those pics here for fun ;-}

I chuckled at the first photo, then i laughed out loud with ever increasing volume based on the ever increasing impossibility of getting Kings Sales and Service to make a custom sprocket the size of the Earth to pull that boat up a 30% gradient.

Very well done !!!

I chuckled at the first photo, then i laughed out loud with ever increasing volume based on the ever increasing impossibility of getting Kings Sales and Service to make a custom sprocket the size of the Earth to pull that boat up a 30% gradient.

Very well done !!!
LOL, thanks Fabian, it's nice to know I am not the only one I make laugh ;-}

Now the front weight of that boat is well over 100 Lbs and why that front screw down wheel in so important. If you look at the single bike pics the front wheel is up in 'attached' position, thank you paint shop pro for letting me just edit the pic and put the front jack up ;-}

A solution to this problem is finally at our finger tips. Scroll around for the photos and video: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?40165-STOP-PRESS-Sick-Bike-Parts-insider-information&p=367382#post367382

That's pretty neat, are you going to market them or sale your design to someone to market them?
I finally adjusted the jackshaft to chainring drive chain again today but it wasn't real loose, I took a 20 mile round trip on it to visit my father today so just a preventive maintenance measure.
Bike is still going strong. burned my 1st gallon through it so far.
I keep checking all the bolts/nuts for tightness but so far the only ones I had loosen up were the ones holding the peanut fuel tank to that small rack in the rear. I had a small leak from a stud but pc-7 epoxy fixed that, i'm planning on a rear rack that has the fuel tank on the bottom of the rack. Ran out of $ so the peanut tank is temporarily on that front rack mounted on the rear.

Back