Shiftable Gears

tecumseh...if i missed that detail, sorry. i was just throwing it out there. i figured it might inspire or whatever, from the drawings it seemed as if it might fit in :)

That crank is ideal, but Im not sure it would work on my el cheapo bike, lol

Ok my dream is going to come to fruition with a different twist. I am going to be taking the power and using.

202_skunkjackshaft_1.jpg

That design btw blaze if you are still around I would love to hear where you got your sprockets.

I will not be using the pedals for power right away as I do not want to fork out all the $$$ to get a freewheel crankset. However I will be doing this. My hopeful ratios are 56-60 tooth sprocket equal and a 32 sprocket on the other side.

The mikes hard lemonade bike is stripped of the motor setting in the corner and I am getting a new bike sometime next week.

YAY

It will be a mountain bike this time for offroad riding I have to do and I do a fair amount.

Off road=shock loads!

I see pop-rivets in that pictar. Yikes!
I do hope that the plan calls for a cartidge bearinged hub.

Wow! Best of luck. :cool:

Pete that is not mine its going to be welded on mine :)

Yep I do however go at 5mph or something stupid like that on offroad stuff as its horse tracks that are jarring :)

Rivets would be shredded like beef :eek:

Well I cannot get the chains to stay on my jackshaft :( I have it completed along with a custom motormount for the front :) Pics to follow but if anybody has any ideas how to get a chain to stay on a jackshaft I am all ears.

Hmmm, I know next to nothing about bikes anymore.(i'm feeling very old- :D)

But I would think a 3-speed hub with a freewheeling crank driven by a jackshaft from the engine might work.

I'm just getting back into bikes a little so I'm probally way WAY off on this.

Ok I was looking around and seen a "Sprinter 5 Speed" without brakes that might work and with a freewheeling crank plus jackshaft it would still be pedalable when needed.
Only thing I can think of that would nix it is the need for a recoil on the engine.I'm guessing the 5 speed hub allows coasting so it wouldnt be able to turn the engine over to start it.(WOW it does get complicated very fast- :D)

SlicerDicer said:
Well I cannot get the chains to stay on my jackshaft :( I have it completed along with a custom motormount for the front :) Pics to follow but if anybody has any ideas how to get a chain to stay on a jackshaft I am all ears.

Can you take a picture of the chain alignment? Is the jackshaft hub slipping in your mount? Can you watch it to see if the torque from the engine is twisting the whole unit?

Dan

Back