Shifter Kit - Another DELAY announcement

We have had people use 3 speed hubs but I don't know for sure how the ratios are. It should be fine but obviously you won't have as many options. Maybe a 5 speed instead of a 3.

That will produce a decent range, not quite as good as a 12-28 six to eight speed cassette but definitely good. I typically only use 3 or 4 of the gears on my 6 speed anyway.

I was interested in the three speed because of simplicity and my derailer, shifter and cable was pretty much shot anyway. I borrowed a complete three speed wheel and tire to try. I must say I felt the spacing between the gears was excessive. I then went back to my old setup after replacing the derailer, shifter and cable with modern shimano parts. This bike is extremely flexible and usable now. The shifter kit has transformed it. Well done, Sick Bike Parts.

Sold out of Shifter Kits

Due to a HUGE post Christmas rush we have sold out of Shifter Kits.

We are currently building and will be done 1/10/09, shipping on Monday 1/12/09.

The free shipping for NA still applies, if you pay before midnight PST 1/05/09. Those who ordered earlier and still haven't paid will get the free shipping, but may be subject to the backorder)

After that, USA and PR shipping will pop up to $12 (was $20 before) and Canada Shipping will be $22, was $30.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Jim and Paul

NOT sold out and new special

We sorta redid our web page. We were getting too much stuff for a single page, so we split it into thirds. Please check us out. If we don't carry something you need, let us know. We listen to you folks!!

http://www.sickbikeparts.com/Products.html

Also we are running a February special: The "Deluxe Kit".

And we are starting to offer stuff on eBay, but we are still lukewarm on eBay for SBP. Ebay: sickbikepartsllc

Last edited:
straight wheels always nice

If we don't carry something you need, let us know. We listen to you folks!!

maybe an inexpensive wheel trueing tool

I miss the one that we let go of years ago

I think that you could fab up 25 to 50 of these for a fair price

straight wheels always nice when we ride those things

Allow us to consult and research. The BIG guy knows I've spent many an hour trying to true a wheel. Maybe there was a deeper lesson there......

Last edited:
Allow us to consult and research. The BIG guy knows I've spend many an hour trying to true a wheel. Maybe there was a deeper lesson there......

those stands make it so easy !!!

I can't remember how much we paid for the one at our bicycle shop
but yes -- it was the deluxe model and somewhat expensive

but for us average motor bikers
a very simple fabed up stand would work just fine

just a guess here Pablo
25-50 lightweight metal stands fabed up -- your unit price $25 each unit ?
retail out unit for 49.99 ?

I underSTAND -- ride that THING

Sounds groovy. I'm up to my neck in armpits right now, but it's been added to the list.

Back