Shifter Kit from www.sickbikeparts.com

I have a classic single speed beach crusier with a sinlge piece crank.
I am would to get you shifter kit and get a rear wheel internal shifter hub.
1. When are you going to offer the 3 piece crank kit?
2. Will your shifter kit work on a 2 cycle frame mount motor from DAX or spooky tooth? I downloaded the instructions and it looks like it will work.
BTW, totally cool kit!

The kit comes with the 3 piece cranks and a link to where to order the conversion kit is on the site too. The kit will work on DAX and Spooky Tooth engines. It will also work with the internal hub transmission. Your biggest hurdle will be mounting it to the cruiser frame. They do not lend themselves very well to mounting the kit. If you can post a picture of the frame it will help me determine if it is possible. A photo of the frame with an engine on it would be even better.

beach cruiser

This is my bike. It is a schwin beach cruiser with a "DAX" 49cc motor.
Is it possible to make your shifter fit on this frame??

Attachments

• motorbike 001.jpg
    motorbike 001.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 329
  • motorbike 002.jpg
    motorbike 002.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 327
You could make it work but these are the issues you will have. You will have to raise the engine about 2.5 to 3 inches from where it is currently located. This shouldn't be a problem in itself as long as your plug or carb will not hit your top frame tube. But the problem I see in doing this is that you will have to fabricate a new front mount that is much longer than the one you already have. From the looks of the frame it would have to be really long.

If you do a shifter kit on a beach cruiser, post a pic on your website.
I think there is a big customer base in the cruiser market. (I would buy one if I saw it already done)

cruiser

Here are some pics of they way the motor is currently mounted. Do you thing it would fit? Do you think it would be possible to angle the motor forward to give the spark plug more room?

If you are looking for a "cruiser guinea pig", I volunteer.

Attachments

• motorbike 003.jpg
    motorbike 003.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 302
  • motorbike 004.jpg
    motorbike 004.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 261
I think you would have enough room to raise the motor, especially if you get rid of the stock plug wire and get a good one. They sit much lower. Your issue will still be the front mount.

Maybe we can talk Pablo into buying a cruiser. I think he was wanting to go that way anyway. Then we could do one ourselves and come up with all the goodies to make them fit without any mods.

I don't know if your willing to answer support questions here but...

I have a problem with the small right side gear lining up with the outside sprocket, it just doesn't look like its gonna line up. It will however line up with the smaller one. I sent a pic to Jim.

1. Any idea why?

2. How much top speed will I lose if I end up having to go this way?

Back