shifter kit

computergod2001

Local time
5:26 AM
:eek:well i got my shifter kit on today put 100 km on it what a big change it is like riding a total different bike hardley any vibrations very quiet very smooth riding very enjoyable now i will tell anybody that has motor kit in there bike to get one of these kits you will not regret it worth every penny o yea and way better on gas because the motor is not reving out any more :D:cool::cool::rolleyes:

I'm glad to see someone doing this and making it work...Congrats!
Who's shifter kit did you use? You know we need to see pictures. Is it an auto-clutch or not, as that has legal implications in some places? If this is answered in another thread, how about some linkage?

Well, I played around with my jackshaft kit today but it's still way too cold out there.
So far everything fit like it was supposed to. Took very little filing of the motor slag to make it fit.
One thing I'm hoping to get a little help with is the part where the instructions say to file the side cover bolt holes off to make it easier to remove the cover if you ever want to adjust the clutch.
I don't understand why doing this would be better in any way. The way I see it, the supplied Alan bolts fit right in and an Alan key would make removing these three bolts very easy. Am I missing something that will only come forward as the kit is installed?

Well, I played around with my jackshaft kit today but it's still way too cold out there.
So far everything fit like it was supposed to. Took very little filing of the motor slag to make it fit.
One thing I'm hoping to get a little help with is the part where the instructions say to file the side cover bolt holes off to make it easier to remove the cover if you ever want to adjust the clutch.
I don't understand why doing this would be better in any way. The way I see it, the supplied Alan bolts fit right in and an Alan key would make removing these three bolts very easy. Am I missing something that will only come forward as the kit is installed?

There are 2 methods for mounting. If you do method 2 you need to grind so you can apply a wrench to the nuts to take off the clutch cover

Attachments

• clutchmod2.jpg
    clutchmod2.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 199
Thanks, So I guess the idea is to screw the Alan bolts in from the back creating "studs" that those nuts can go on to hold the cover into place. I'm just going to take my time with this but so far it seems to be a well thought out kit, everything fits so well.

You got it! If you don't do the clutch cover mod, there really isn't a way to get to/hold the nuts on the inside. It's well worth it to mod the cover and not so difficult as it looks.

I'm beginning to understand now and will do it. I like how you have slotted the holes now. Mine lined up perfectly! Thanks for the fast trouble free shipping Pablo, I was VERY happy with the whole deal. The freewheel crank seems nice and tight as well, there is no slop at all. Do they last a long time?

Back