Shifting at the engine?

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
8:04 PM
I know there are shift kits, and the only good ones are from sick bike parts and in order to use them you need an insane derailer and bike chain. That's not what I'm interested in though. I was wondering if anyone has made or ever tried making or using a shifter at the engine? Like taking a 5 speed off of a ktm65 throwing it on the bikes? If anyone could make one or does make one also. It's something that I am very very very interested in, and would do almost anything for. Thanks for the help!

i cant imagine such a task would be an easy one considering the fact the chain must change angle to shift; would only throw or break it. perhaps a cv pulley clutch like scooters have been known to use. or drop the cash and get u one of them fancy planetary rear hubs

I know there are shift kits, and the only good ones are from sick bike parts and in order to use them you need an insane derailer and bike chain. That's not what I'm interested in though. I was wondering if anyone has made or ever tried making or using a shifter at the engine? Like taking a 5 speed off of a ktm65 throwing it on the bikes? If anyone could make one or does make one also. It's something that I am very very very interested in, and would do almost anything for. Thanks for the help!
Sure I know how to mount a 65cc KTM 5 speed on a M/B
Just mount the KTM 65cc engine on the M/B :LOL:

This guy built this water cooled 65cc KTM 5 speed Death Trap and goes 75mph

BTW that my Whizzer in the background
DSCF9284.JPG

Insane? No, unless hamming it under load (which is bad anyway even pedaling) it works great. Honestly my shifter m/b shifts smoother than my mid-drive fatbike.

See my other responses for what I did to my SBP kit to make it industrial rock solid.

Sure I know how to mount a 65cc KTM 5 speed on a M/B
Just mount the KTM 65cc engine on the M/B :LOL:

This guy built this water cooled 65cc KTM 5 speed Death Trap and goes 75mph

BTW that my Whizzer in the background
View attachment 177643
Sounds like a death wish. That fast and only has rear rim brakes. You'd think someone who put that much enginuity into a build would've also put a better braking system on it.

I've found the Sram X4 to be a very good rear derailleur and affordable. I also like using a Shimano HG71 chain which is also very affordable.

Sounds like a death wish. That fast and only has rear rim brakes. You'd think someone who put that much enginuity into a build would've also put a better braking system on it.
I saw that bike do like 75 or so in a video he has on youtube. He comes of as the "I know I am gonna die someday but I don't know when... But I do know I am gonna die going as fast as I can" kind of guy.

Oh here it is.

I saw that bike do like 75 or so in a video he has on youtube. He comes of as the "I know I am gonna die someday but I don't know when... But I do know I am gonna die going as fast as I can" kind of guy.

Oh here it is.

Ecclesiastes 7:17
King James Version

17 Be not over much wicked, neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time?

Back