Shifting Gears

33cc's!!! In the mountains!!! An it's a 4t!!! MY god jerry, you have to be a miracle worker on these engines!! I live in the hills, an only use a 66cc 2t at the smallest.
30% grade hills at that; can do 8 mph up them with a 200 lbs load in the trailer. I was once told I'm like a slave driver working little children in a gold mine lol

Since you have a single speed bike. I'd suggest using a 5 speed IGH with a drum brake.
I have a 5 speed jack shaft derailleur too. I use competition vintage sprockets on it now. The 8.8.8 Winners circle works awesome. Nice thick cogs for extended wear. I'm doing 38mph in 3rd gear, rarely ever get a chance to shift to fourth or fifth. Usually only use 1st and 2nd since I switched to the 8.8.8, 25mph cruise speed in 2nd. Fourth takes me way faster than I usually care to go. The rest of my bikes are singles though. I let friends ride them, and shifting gears is a bit to complex for most folks when a motor is attached. I have a bunch of SA hubs though, some are going to be made into transmissions, and others in to wheels. Slowly converting to IGH.

Back