shimanio 3hub filp flop

I've never seen or heard of a LSD DeR. Anything LSD oriented is going to go on a bike w/o multiple gears.
There has got to be a way.....but I don't think the bicycle world may provide the answer directly.

! !

Why not fabricate some dropouts. Weld them on the bike frame. Weld spockets to both sides of a hub mount hub chain from hub to motor, motor to rear hub then you have capability of using that side :)

The only question is what to do about the pedals :eek:

Shimano Nexus would be rather neat with 7 speed for that eh?

Might however need to create a crank starter for the motor that you can put on the hub however to make it start. or maybe make a way to put something like this on there for kick starting. http://www.global-b2b-network.com/direct/dbimage/50236258/Kick_Start_Mechanism.jpg

Shifting Gears

Has anyone tried using an internally-geared hub like the Nexus-7 with a bikemotor? I have read max torque values for some of these hubs but am not sure if they could handle a 50-70cc two stroke engine output... Some real world tests would be more useful than specs on paper. Also the max-torque specs for geared hubs are (I assume) for very low rpm consistent with pedaling speeds, So if the geared hub is mounted like a jackshaft in the frame and not in the wheel and spun at a higher rpm(lower torque), Would it be able to handle the overall power better? Would the higher rpm wear the hub out faster? Maybe someone out there has some experiences they can share? Sure would be great to have a 7-speed tranny.

no idea I have never used a internal hub at all. It was just a random thought I had :)

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back