shinobi sinner 70cc mtb w 20mm carb

This is my ongoing work horse of th' fleet. My license got screwed up so I had to find a more efficient way of gett n to work with out getting all sweaty and tired. These pics are kind of old (a year maybe), this was my first engine I got from kingsmotors. If anybody remembers them, theyre pretty fly by night. Anyway, the original manifold cracked (the OLD STYLE ones where you had to file and bore out th' restrictions;) so I had to come up with something since kingsmotors was unreachable. The very first manifold was made from a piece of a bicycle bullhorn, J.B. weld and th' end pieces from a honda intake kit I got off line....... th' 20mm carb as well.

Attachments

• 18-Photo 18.jpg
    18-Photo 18.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 603
  • 21-Photo 21.jpg
    21-Photo 21.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 371
  • 13-Photo 13.jpg
    13-Photo 13.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 349
  • 06-Photo 6.jpg
    06-Photo 6.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 435
  • 09-Photo 9.jpg
    09-Photo 9.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 336
shinobi sinner

here are some more pics, the carb works great! No sputtering or beating on it like th' stock carb. The jet kit I got from th' same web site ....honda trails.com, $10. Jet sizes: 84, 85, 87,90,and 95. This carb rocks!!! You can cruise just at the cusp of your full power band. Feel the need for speed..........twist all th' way. "fa wahhhhhhhhh"! feels like the secondaries on a four barrel! :)

Attachments

• 10-Photo 10.jpg
    10-Photo 10.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 327
  • 19-Photo 19.jpg
    19-Photo 19.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 289
  • 20-Photo 20.jpg
    20-Photo 20.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 346
  • 14-Photo 14.jpg
    14-Photo 14.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 312
shinobi sinner

More pics of da bike, some where in front of ace hardware....( where I get most of my raw materials other than murray's auto store) I'm making them rich!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20-Photo 20.jpg
    20-Photo 20.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 336
  • 21-Photo 21.jpg
    21-Photo 21.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 287
  • 19-Photo 19.jpg
    19-Photo 19.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 295
  • 22-Photo 22.jpg
    22-Photo 22.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 274
shinobi sinner

atcspaul, greetings! Stone cold, just warming up, w 39t she will average 30-35 mph flat level ground. Warmed up, I cruise at 35, with some 40 mph blasts periodically. I hit 43 mph this morning!!! I was so stoked.:D I still try to be more carefull of using a steady throttle TOO LONG with a 2 stroke. I'll admit, I learned th' hard way. This is engine # four??????:eek: The first two I listened to what other people said they were using for fuel : 32:1, 40:1, using full synthetic to break in an engine. Using not enough oil when it was 20 below out. Dumb, dumb, dumb!:censored: (engine started really good though. you just had to lift the bike up to dump some fuel in the engine.) Oddly enough, the engine didnt make any weird noises the whole winter!!!:confused: I even rode through 2' inches of snow with it! ( brakes dont work good,though. Think fred flintstone stopping):rolleyes: It didnt make a peep until it finally got warm enough (mid march) then I was haul n down hall road , the BEST it ever ran than it made some odd noises when you reved it. Anyway, it got me to work and back everytime.

Nice ride...I like the exhaust...what's the story on that?....looks like part poo poo pipe combined with an expansion chamber? Where abouts in Clinto Twp Are you?...I have family
off 15 mile....
Andrew

That carb and that pipe makes your bike look modified....(duh)
Awesome set up,man.

shinobi sinner

Thank you, everybody! The exhaust is a LONG story, I'll try to condense the particulars. The cruiser pipe (poo poo pipe), was bought off skyhawk of canada......as well as the throttle / waffle grips (I LOVE these). But, I think they folded up shop. Anywho, the pipe WAS'NT cheap back then. Plus, th' quality of the inner welds and just over all internal construction was sloppy, sloppy, and sloppy!!!!:confused: Did I say sloppy? The pipe was heavy, TOO quiet, and VEEEERRRYYY sloooooww. So, I hacked it up to put on the modified stock pipe. I later decided to try another engine, since the china-fire types were so performance limited, had crappy magnetos (th' early ones did) , chain/ tensioner problems ....etc. Thats why I bought the pocket bike engine, exhaust, and chain (25h chain is so cool!). When I installed th' 47cc on my mtb, I burned up th' clutch in one day!:eek: The plan was to pedal up to speed to help th' engine.....but, th' engine was in the way of th' pedals (the engine was in the middle of th' frame). At th' time, everybody on another site was all about no pedals so I thought I'd try it. Big mistake!!! Plus, the sprocket was a 55t (VERY high-gearing for pocket bikes), th' tire (26inch), was too tall for th' centrifical clutch to handle. Sucker was slower than a peddle bike!!!!!!!:mad: The clutch only gave me a mile of operation before a spring broke , thusly seizing up entirely, thereby locking up th' rear tire which cracked th' tensioner roller in half (the old style ones);) and finally twisting the flimsy ,aluminum bar , engine frame assembly. Thank fully, it was a slow ride and I didnt go to far......I had to push th' bike home because of no pedals. Whew! (told you it was a long story) Adversity makes ya stronger.:rolleyes:

shinobi sinner

oh, yeah almost forgot again....I'm over on Garfield and 18mile, Andyinchville.

Back