Shipping a complete motorbike?

necessaryevil

Local time
5:50 AM
Has anyone here delt with shipping a complete motorebike before? I'm just curious if UPS would have a rule about shipping an engine (flammable,haz-mat) and what I could expect to pay for the service? Thanks

My local UPS is run by morons, allready tried. I just wonder if I boxed it myself and told them it was just a bicycle, what could happen if caught?

what if ya boxed it and didn't tell them anything? just take it upon yerself to clean and pack it responsibly. if it's completely clean, no hazmat issue i would think...there must be literally hundreds of new clean engines in boxes on UPS trucks this very minute.

Last edited:
An assembled bike will almost surely be considered oversize by UPS, and cost quite a bit to ship. If you took the headset/bars and front wheel off, you might be able to just slide it by... and I don't think you'd have a problem with the flammables as long as you drained the gas and oil.

Thanks everyone, I have some expenses to pay for, so I might have to list my bike on the bay. I'm sure I can get my little sting-ray into a regular bike box.

Yea, I wouldn't even bother shipping a regular bike anywhere because of the prices. You can definitely do it so long as there are no fluids inside.

I've ordered folding bikes in the mail because shipping one way was a little less than $40.

I would definitely be looking to sell that locally, however, if you don't have anyone specific to send it to.

Back