Shock Forks

The only bicycle i`ve riden with a suspension was a mongoose xr100. I didn`t like the rear suspension mostly cause the bike felt like it would bounce as u pedaled it even with a stiff spring. Right now the bike i have is a huffy cranbrook with a firestorm80. Ive been hearing strange creaks or sounds up front in the neck.(mostly when i have the clutch in and coming to a dead stop) and was looking into a new set of suspension forks as well. Kinda thinking of a new bike with a better head tube and get away from the 1in. my cranbrook has a 140mm head tube with a 180mm stem

The only bicycle i`ve riden with a suspension was a mongoose xr100. I didn`t like the rear suspension mostly cause the bike felt like it would bounce as u pedaled it even with a stiff spring. Right now the bike i have is a huffy cranbrook with a firestorm80. Ive been hearing strange creaks or sounds up front in the neck.(mostly when i have the clutch in and coming to a dead stop) and was looking into a new set of suspension forks as well. Kinda thinking of a new bike with a better head tube and get away from the 1in. my cranbrook has a 140mm head tube with a 180mm stem
That's the bearings, best to change out the balls before you damage the cups. Grease the cups good and use that as stickum for the balls.

Checked the bearing and they were dry. But noticed a groove mostly all the way around the stem. Looked in the head tube and didn't see no slag that mightve rubbed it, but don't look like a hacksaw either. Either way I need forks forsure now. Kinda leaning toward non suspension chopper forks myself. till i get a differant bike with a front suspension.https://www.amazon.com/Chopper-Fork...mzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0

Attachments

• 20221103_150850.jpg
    20221103_150850.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 61
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have a generic set that came on a mountain bike I motorized, I ride it on roads , paths and gravel, and they have 60 mm of travel and smooth things out like small potholes, sidewalk cracks etc. they help a lot with arm, and shoulder fatigue. I have a 140 mm set of Rockshocks Judy on my 29er mountain bike, and they are really plush, even over some big stuff. The next mountain bike I will probably get with the air spring type. With cruisers, you probably have to be careful on the length of the fork to not upset the geometry of the bike. On my cruiser I thought about a fork, but just went with 2.5 balloon Schwalbe Big Ben tires, luckily they fit and with 30 psi they soak up the road pretty good. You might just be better off getting a hybrid bike with a fork and suspension seat from the factory, and put your motor in it. I have ridden road bikes with no suspension, and almost gotten brain scramble a few times on washboard roads.😵‍💫

Meh... I'm oldschool. My suspension? It's called my legs!

Don't forget you can pick your arces up off the seat. ;)

You wouldn't believe just how more manageable a potential back breaking pothole is if you:

(A) stand up
(B) bunny-hop at least the front tire

:)

OK... school me on shock forks. Believe it or not... I don't think I've ever ridden a bicycle with shock forks. Do they help with motorized bikes ON THE ROAD? Am I going to notice much of a difference between my stock forks and shock forks? Is it worth the purchase price... again... for ROAD ONLY applications?

Thanks!
I recently had spinal neck surgery and will soon be getting lower spinal back surgery. So if there's something to be noticed I'd be the one to notice it.

I've ridden motorized bikes with no suspension and can tell you, I felt every painful slight bump in the road. My bike has a front suspension and I use an adjustable tension suspension seat post. With my bike, I can ride on those same roads in total comfort.

I was blown away how much relief it is to have a seat post shock. My bike is all hard, I can feel it plenty in the bars still, my butt is thankful for it!

Back