Shock Forks

FrizzleFried

Local time
3:16 AM
OK... school me on shock forks. Believe it or not... I don't think I've ever ridden a bicycle with shock forks. Do they help with motorized bikes ON THE ROAD? Am I going to notice much of a difference between my stock forks and shock forks? Is it worth the purchase price... again... for ROAD ONLY applications?

Thanks!

A great set of Rock Shocks can set you back $600 to sky is the limit in the $1000's. Lately I've given up on the cheapest bikes, parts are exactly that, cheap and they break. Anyways I try to stick to a name brand bike like Trek, DB or ?, used or new. If new the lower end models. The forks they have I've never had issues with hoping the quality is better. I would never buy a bike w/o shocks on the front. When you ride you can feel the shocks absorbing a lot of bumps that don't transfer to your back. I'm still working on a seat post suspension that doesn't cost over $100 and works. Some shocks you can lock so there's no movement, some have adjusters for dampening strength, some are gas charged while lower end units use springs, some are hydraulic. My only experience is with the stock shocks the bikes come with and usually have springs. They work great bubba!

Seems I might have to look in to a set at some point. Also sounds like I would need to find me an older set to fit this Hyper. 1" or 1.25"? Just more stuff to add to 'the list'...

Yeah it will be noticed. If you have the funds, or a shock ready to swap I'd say it's certainly worth it.

I have a spare non-working bike with a shock up front...but I don't know the quality... or even if it would fit at this point.

You'll need the head tube diameter and length, if it's too short on the length you loose. I find the spring shocks to be okay. Gas is really nice, and adjustable is top notch.

Back