Shooting flames out exhaust...! 🔥

Update 12/5/19 - used larger electrode and stand to position for largest sparks. Flames are much bigger and the exhaust gases light every time. I tried to used a sparks plug with the same transformer but it failed to ignite the gas. I guess a very hot and large spark is required, such as what a taser would make...

Integrated system that mounts on bike should be finished by the end of next week!!

Are you just lighting the unburnt gas exiting the exhaust from the combustion chamber?
Yes, the exhaust is a modified eBay straightpipe 2 stroke-muffler which has no restrictions all the way through. I think it helps unburnt gas pass through the chamber into the exhaust. However, this will only work (at least for me) with a huge spark, such as what a large bug zapper produces. My old transformer generates 1/4 inch sparks in the pipe. I tried the same transformer with a sparks plug but the gas didn't light.

Oh, okay. Well it kinda looks cool, I know it doesn't have any function. Try to somehow add an extra magneto or something and run it off of that, or a one of those generators that go on the wheel.

You should check out what this guy is doing, looks like he’s figured it out.

Say’s he is posting some video later today on his YouTube channel DreyGrach

Maybe you guys can compare notes in the comment section?

1A648558-80DB-4313-A784-37E0066A1C69.jpeg

You should check out what this guy is doing, looks like he’s figured it out.

Say’s he is posting some video later today on his YouTube channel DreyGrach

Maybe you guys can compare notes in the comment section?

View attachment 91693
He basically straight-piped his exhaust, allowing higher temperatures and free flow of the air/fuel mix from the carburetor straight through the exhaust pipe. When the engine and exhaust get hot, revving the engine to full RPM then pressing the kill switch will turn the engine into an pump pushing the air/fuel mix from the carb through the exhaust, where the high temperatures may spontaneously ignite it. Putting a bbq lighter though would definitely make it better though

Back