Short rod conversion from skyhawk

Nathan16

Local time
9:19 AM
I have a Motor I tore apart a while ago and I want put a reed valve on it. I have a Honda DIO reed setup from a buddy, but the cylinder was toast so I need a new one. From what I found online the Falcon 911 is a great cylinder for easy installation, tuning and price. The problem is My motor was a Skyhawk which has a long rod in it. the conversion seems very daunting with balancing the crank and other problems easily introducing themselves.

Is it worth buying a new crankshaft assembly with a short rod, or is there a better cylinder I can convert to that has the intake for a DIO reed as well?

Any links would be greatly appreciated because these parts can be hard to find even when you know what you're looking for.​

Mossy

Local time
7:19 AM
Boy go fast on eBay... Long short hi low hole everything... You can shim the jug from the bottom and top to get it right if you have time... I Would just get a new matching bottom and top but I get confused with all the variable's.

DieselTech

Local time
8:19 AM
I have a Motor I tore apart a while ago and I want put a reed valve on it. I have a Honda DIO reed setup from a buddy, but the cylinder was toast so I need a new one. From what I found online the Falcon 911 is a great cylinder for easy installation, tuning and price. The problem is My motor was a Skyhawk which has a long rod in it. the conversion seems very daunting with balancing the crank and other problems easily introducing themselves.

Is it worth buying a new crankshaft assembly with a short rod, or is there a better cylinder I can convert to that has the intake for a DIO reed as well?

Any links would be greatly appreciated because these parts can be hard to find even when you know what you're looking for.​
I believe smolik performance sells a modified CG cylinder that is set up for a dio reed set up, I believe its referred to as a chinarelli cylinder or something like that. Theres other companies out there as well. I've heard the falcon 911 kit is probably the best kit for a dio reed setup. You could always build a minarelli hybrid!!!