Shorty intake

Zac

Local time
8:11 PM
Are the short intake manifolds any good? When the engine sits I'm the frame, it is slightly tilted. The stock intake has a curve in it to make the carb sit level. If I get a short intake, it is straight meaning that my carb will sit at a slight angle. Will the angle that the carb sits at affect my performance at all?

Are the short intake manifolds any good? When the engine sits I'm the frame, it is slightly tilted. The stock intake has a curve in it to make the carb sit level. If I get a short intake, it is straight meaning that my carb will sit at a slight angle. Will the angle that the carb sits at affect my performance at all?
Lol that's why I like my saw carbs now, I can ride my bike in the ring of death upside down round round dont matter. But as @Karl Snarl mentioned I believe 15° is max. I believe @Chainlube was discussing that with someone as well today.

Don't the offset intakes reduce performance?
You get it back by using a smaller sprocket. More power down lower is always better than more spin to make power. At least in my book. I'd rather have more power with less fuel consumption and a lower rpm, than spin the crap out of my engine to make power. An if you tune for it, it's like maybe on or 2 mph off the top end ( same sprocket size) and you gain acceleration.

Yeah, I've got alot of parts that increase my low end, so I'm considering going from my 44T to a 36T sprocket to balance it out

Back