Should I buy it?

motman812

Local time
1:53 AM
I've found an '01 NE5 in good condition at a good price and need some help in deciding whether or not to buy it.
I've read most of the posts in this section and it seems like I'll just be buying a bunch of problems, starting with the lifters (how much do the mushroom lifters cost? if I can still get them).
My friend and I have graduated from Chinese two strokes to frame mounted four stokes and a used "0" something Whizzer. I also have a Staton Honda 35 friction drive on a Schwinn cruiser, which is absolutely dependable. The Whizzer on the other hand is by far the most fun to ride.
Can you guys give me some advice?
Thanks.:helmet:
"Feet on the pedals, rubber side down"

motman......whats a good price? if its an 01 it would be a WC1 . Has the cyl bin upgraded to the NE5?How many miles? more info.
Baverian

correction

I shouldn't have said it's an NE5.
I know for sure it's an '01, it has low miles and that nothing has been done to it.
Thanks.

The WC-1 is a good bike to start with if you don't mind doing some tinkering. The problem with the WC-1 is that the valve seats ultimately come loose. Addressing that problem requires getting the NE-5 upgrade kit to swap out the cylinder, piston and head (amongst other things).
Depending on the price of the bike, it's usually money well spent, as the upgrade kit will help make the bike much more reliable. There may be some other tinkering that needs to be done, but the biggest hurtle is out of the way by getting and installing the upgrade kit.
If I may ask, what is the price of the WC-1 you're looking at?

With transfer fees it will be about $850. If the cylinder kit costs $460 and the centrifical clutch $250, then I'd have $1560 in it.
They sure are fun to ride though.
Thanks.

Hi im updating two wc1 motorbikes at this time .. the average price to do A complete update is about 700.00 parts and labor ..That includes machining and ne5 top end and cam with hardend mushroom lifter.thats also use A custom cam ground piston..........Hope this helps........Bill

Thanks, Bill. It sounds like the '01 Whizzer has a $700 required fix before it's even broken in. It's really too bad that a bike that looks so good and is so much fun to ride has this Achilles heel.
Thanks.

I bought my 99 for $1000. last summer. It had 10 miles on it. I did the NE upgrade & lots of other stuff. I probably have another $1000. in it but this includes lots of extras you wouldn't need if you were trying to save money.
I'd do it all over again. My bike cruises at about 55 mph & runs great. I just bought a new Shimano coaster brake hub & am ready to install it. Fun, fun, fun!!
I must say again that my friend Quenton has been more help than I can tell you in all my upgrades & changes.

Hi motman I do have a 07 new ne5 red 26 with all up dates. If your intrested pm me...... It has lots of custom work done to it.....Bill green Vancouver whizzer

Back