should I buy it?

motman812

Local time
4:51 PM
I've found an '05 Whizzer with 12 miles on it for sale at $900.
Does this bike need the mushroom lifters and other upgrades to make it durable?
Thanks.

I keep looking at Whizzers in spite of what I hear because I like the way I feel when I'm riding one. They have soul that other bikes don't.

I keep looking at Whizzers in spite of what I hear because I like the way I feel when I'm riding one. They have soul that other bikes don't.

No matter what I say to myself, I still like my Whizzer bike.

It might not be as fast as my other monsters but it's got class written all over it.

It rides well, great freewheeling. I just need more braking capacity.

koolwhizzer is on Ebay. I have purchased from him before. Good Ebay seller and he does have the larger front brake hub.

Jim

I've found an '05 Whizzer with 12 miles on it for sale at $900.
Does this bike need the mushroom lifters and other upgrades to make it durable?
Thanks.

The 2005 NE-5 will need to have the mushroom lifters installed before too long. My original lifters went south before the bike hit 300 miles.
If this is a slip-clutch model, that is the only real upgrade you would likely need to do to ensure the reliability for the near-term. Replacing the head gasket with the copper one would be a good idea a little later on. Most other upgrades should wait until the bike is broken in. Such upgrades would mostly be performance related, such as a milled head, or opening up the restrictor (which Whizzer cautions against doing). Switching to the Hi-Flow insert in the exhaust is also a good move (performance-wise).
That is a very good price for the NE-5. I'd say "go for it!"

Back