should i get it?

juliman

Local time
2:18 PM
hey again guys.lol like i said in one of my other posts i am thinking a will get a rock solid bicycle engine for my first mb build heres the link

http://shop.rocksolidengines.com.au...&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

does any one know if these engines ( kit) is any good for power and reliable, i am 13 lol and weigh like 54 kg so because i read all these posts of u guys and use r all like 30yrs old lol, so i would be a lot lighter than most of you guys, and i was wondering if i get this kit if i should get a 36t sprocket with it.
if any one thinks this is a bad unreliable/expensive kit etc please post some links to other kits/ websites, since i dont want to buy outside australia, thanks guys,:-/
btw im very mechanically minded and i like tinkering(just when i feel like it)if i wanna ride and not tinker i ride lol

juliman waz here 09

Last edited:
Vtec

I would smoke your gebe and that is what i was reffering to.
No i don't know much about the Nuvinci Hubs but when i get my DIY Jackshaft done i'll be up for any race.

I cruise at 40 MPH all day long with my 36T single speed.

Very nice bikes you have built i must say.

How fast are the gebe setups??

I was pondering someday setting up a honda in the frame with a cvt and a jackshaft kit.

For now i'm having a blast with my HT.

the eho35 cruises at 23, I can get it up to 27.

The red barron does 45+

I would like to thank you though for the inspiration... I just took the red barron out for a little run. I forgot how fun it was to ride.... and it started right up.

Last edited:
Vtec...I do love the frame mounted old school look two strokes ,and enjoy tinkering with mine...if your all done with the Red Barron..crate it up and send it to me

here we go again...

"form" or "function" or both, whatever floats yer boat. cheaply- or well-built, you get what you pay for...and anyone who'll take some initiative and read this place will soon learn that for themselves...i am SO TIRED of "what's the best & where do i get it?" and all the stoopid arguments it always starts. just go read all the topics in the "garage" see who has problems with what, decide if you're capable & willing to face the same challenges, and compare for yourself. the more money you (wisely) spend, the more time you (happily) spend riding instead of fixing or healing.

your choice, your money, your skin...so go educate yourself instead of asking a stranger.

by common definition, a "motorized bicycle" is a bicycle with an engine added to it for whatever reason...hobby, entertaining pasttime, or serious transportation...every engine/motor kit on a stock bicycle is "an afterthought" which is what this motorsport is all about...so you take this cute engine and slap it on a cute huffy, flip the handlebars & call it a "boardtracker"...i may not be impressed but it's your choice & your work...and i have to at least respect that.

i do have experienced opinions about the quality of a broad range of MB'ing components, but should i bother myself personally insulting peeps by slamming the style-of-build they chose? no i shouldn't, and neither should respected & established members whom i've come to expect better of.

and i don't care what can smoke what, bigger engines are supposed to be faster than smaller engines (i always chuckle when a self-proclaimed gearhead misses that not so subtle point)...quality usually being the final deciding factor, so watch it...so long as the bike i need can go 30mph with a few extra for safety, then i'll use the smallest (and best) engine that will fit the bill. but know this, because i'yam a gearhead...i'd gleefully put my 40cc & the payload it carries up against any comparable setup.

anyways...new builders/riders, take some time to learn real questions & someone will gladly help...but go do your own danged homework, the info is here, and imo everyone else should just avoid this particular repeatedly-repeated topic like the plague, or just reply with "read read read " ;)

btw-i see the OP's only 13...as someone who cares about our overall image (and future) i have an opinion about that, too...i do hope there's a responsible adult involved somewhere in all this.

i noticed noone else even addressed that.

Last edited:
motorized bicycles..there all good..I am going to have one or two of each design..frame mount....rack mount...50cc 70cc 125cc..next one will be a scratch built tadpole...only kind of bike I don't want is ..oh no look out..an electric one

As he said, Do your research.

There are many that have great success with the Chinese motors. Amongst my own family and friends there are 4 Chinese motors by 3 different manufacturers and they all perform reliably and are a great source of fun. Even after thousands of km.

I have noticed that those who have the best results tend to be more mechanically inclined. If you do not have much mechanical experience then I would recommend a rack mount setup.

Well said, Augidog. Threads like this one don't serve much of a purpose, do they?

They seem to follow the same pattern; a few people recommend the set-up that they like (never mind that what works for one might or might not work for everyone), then someone, consciously or not, trashes the happy time. Then the happy time fans fight back and so on.

"Read, read, read!" is the best answer and I'm going to try to keep it in mind.

http://www.zbox.com.au/ are importers of 49cc china motors might save you some dollars...You also do realise that these 49cc motors (that output 750watts) are illegal to ride on public roads in all states in Australia ...have you checked with your parents too see if they are cool with you breaking the law? They might be a bit ****ed off getting a phone call from the Police letting them know their son has been arrested, a 13 year old on a illegal vehicle will attract the attention of the Police guaranteed lil man.

KiM

Last edited:
are you guys done ranting yet??? Did you read the first post??? Did you read my first response???

He asked if the rock solid engines were worth it... last I checked they were pretty pricey. For a couple extra hundred dollars he could have a superior engine and a better designed kit.

The chinese engines are fun if you like to tinker... if you are looking for reliable transportation the gebe eho35 is the best. Sorry guys, not opinion, just fact.

Last edited:
yes, i did...and i read every other reply also...i always read everything (including statistics) before responding. my response was to the entire contents of the thread as i found it. read all the words of all my comments to see that's true.

imo, whether i agree or not, your choice of words about the HT opened the door for an engine-war...imo, the consequent choice of words used by others in response could only take the same predictable direction as always...what may start out as innocent sharing of technical info turns into an insult-fest, and sometimes it's surprising when established members fall into the same trap...the HT faction takes offense and begins to dish it out in return...and so it goes, every time someone asks "should i get it" or its' newbie-equivalent.

it gets OLD, so imo we should just steer basic quality inquiries towards the appropriate forum.

see, the early founding-fathers tried to anticipate the noob's tendancy to post instead of reading, and we setup a vendor and review area to answer it and (try to) avoid fights & clutter.

this is pretty funny & hits the nail on the head: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Last edited:
The ironic thing is that if there was no HT...there may not be enough issues with MBs to support an active discussion board.

;)

..c'mon, a sense of humor people!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back