should i get it?

juliman

Local time
3:45 PM
hey again guys.lol like i said in one of my other posts i am thinking a will get a rock solid bicycle engine for my first mb build heres the link

http://shop.rocksolidengines.com.au...&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

does any one know if these engines ( kit) is any good for power and reliable, i am 13 lol and weigh like 54 kg so because i read all these posts of u guys and use r all like 30yrs old lol, so i would be a lot lighter than most of you guys, and i was wondering if i get this kit if i should get a 36t sprocket with it.
if any one thinks this is a bad unreliable/expensive kit etc please post some links to other kits/ websites, since i dont want to buy outside australia, thanks guys,:-/
btw im very mechanically minded and i like tinkering(just when i feel like it)if i wanna ride and not tinker i ride lol

juliman waz here 09

Last edited:
you know who you are.

when a discussion about comparable quality of components is reduced to generic insults about the style of a bike...and when the insults come from otherwise mature members...then i fail to see the humor.

but i do agree that the HT keeps the forum active...just go look in the garage...which is where every newb should start by reading and then asking informed questions in the existing threads ;)

Last edited:
when a discussion about comparable quality of components is reduced to generic insults about the style of a bike...and when the insults come from otherwise mature members...then i fail to see the humor.

but i do agree that the HT keeps the forum active...just go look in the garage...which is where every newb should start by reading and then asking informed questions in the existing threads ;)

I dont remember insulting anybody... just trying to help out a fellow member avoid the pitfalls of buying an ht engine kit. I guess I will choose my words better next time???

hehe...you are taking this too personal, while you may have been (imo) harsh in your "technical" description, i never said you made any "personal" insults...more than one person didn't choose his words wisely in this topic...it is the cumulative effect of such responses i'm addressing and the reason we should avoid getting pulled into any version of "what's the best & where do i get it?"

when a HT-newb comes onboard, he or she would be best served by the
group if we steer them here & tell them to "read read read":
vendor reviews http://www.motoredbikes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109
parts & accessories http://www.motoredbikes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71
2-stroke engines http://www.motoredbikes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108
frame-mount http://www.motoredbikes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92

Last edited:
hey just cuz im 13 doesnt mean i am an imbisile augi dog , im no when to stop ( speaking figurativly) and im smart enough to know when some thing is rong and not to be stupid

but anywayz thanks every 1 for posting and sooooory if i am a noob for starting this post but it is hard to find anything about rocksolid around here ,no offence,and i think i will just go with this kit and see if its any good if not well then ill be like awww **** and down 400 dollars

juliman its ok..everyone here likes to argue a little bit for the fun of it...the decision as to what to build is yours alone...and when you decide there is a lot of information and help here..keep on the search box and reading..

hold on there, juliman...no way i think you're an imbecile because of your age or noobness or for any reason...but your age and noobness does make you forum-predictable, and there's no offense intended in that statement either...see, it's also predictable that when a noob starts a topic like this one, some member's not gonna be able to avoid insulting someone else while trying to help.

threads like this always go like this...lots of info and barely a shred of usable info...just a bunch of differing opinions & a few insults thrown in "for fun" (for FUN?!)...there are hundreds of similar and similarly-useless threads at MBc.

the real meat is in the garage, posted by folks who DO know what they're doing...and who are obviously willing to help others by making such nicely detailed posts...don't sit on yer thumbs waiting for them to come to you, go to them...and don't be influenced by ads that all look the same & all offer the same "free exclusives"...get inside the engines & learn what you're getting into, then you'll know for yourself what you're looking at when you view a sales image of a kit. guaranteed if you don't do your homework before you buy, your next predictable move will be to post "my clutch cable/carburetor/exhaust studs/chain tensioner/etc is screwed up, HELP!"...i've been around here for a LONG time and seen a LOT of people make the same mistakes. they aren't imbeciles either, just folks who couldn't wait or resist the impulse-buy, which is what most HT sellers count on.

sincerely, go read about the 2-stroke kits in depth BEFORE you buy anything, THEN post informed questions in the proper areas or in existing threads...if you read all the stuff in the garage and look at all the images, you'll be an expert and won't need to ask everyone else if you should buy something or not.

i did notice you avoided the questions about adult supervision...

Last edited:
I know someone who has been thinking about motorizing a bike for 6 years. So the most important thing i think is to buy something, almost anything. I've talked to people who are happy with their ~$150 kits. I "blew" $400 on a friction drive kit, was the best investment in fun i've ever made. Be aware that a cheap kit probably won't stand much abuse at all, and might bite back.

I know someone who has been thinking about motorizing a bike for 6 years. So the most important thing i think is to buy something, almost anything. I've talked to people who are happy with their ~$150 kits. I "blew" $400 on a friction drive kit, was the best investment in fun i've ever made. Be aware that a cheap kit probably won't stand much abuse at all, and might bite back.

just bought a friction drive from staton... hope it works out well.

V-tech, I've had a Staton/Robin 35 friction drive for years, the thing is bullet proof. 3 things to make it work well; 1. The roller MUST be absolutely perpendicular to the tire or you will be buying lots of tires. 2. The less tread on the rear tire the better. 3. Keep the tire inflated fairly hard. I use 60 pounds. With friction drive you will be wearing the rear tire out far more often than any other drive system, it is just the nature of the beast. Buying really expensive rear tires for a friction drive is a waste of money.

Back