should i get it?

juliman

Local time
4:15 AM
hey again guys.lol like i said in one of my other posts i am thinking a will get a rock solid bicycle engine for my first mb build heres the link

http://shop.rocksolidengines.com.au...&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

does any one know if these engines ( kit) is any good for power and reliable, i am 13 lol and weigh like 54 kg so because i read all these posts of u guys and use r all like 30yrs old lol, so i would be a lot lighter than most of you guys, and i was wondering if i get this kit if i should get a 36t sprocket with it.
if any one thinks this is a bad unreliable/expensive kit etc please post some links to other kits/ websites, since i dont want to buy outside australia, thanks guys,:-/
btw im very mechanically minded and i like tinkering(just when i feel like it)if i wanna ride and not tinker i ride lol

juliman waz here 09

Last edited:
V-tech, I've had a Staton/Robin 35 friction drive for years, the thing is bullet proof. 3 things to make it work well; 1. The roller MUST be absolutely perpendicular to the tire or you will be buying lots of tires. 2. The less tread on the rear tire the better. 3. Keep the tire inflated fairly hard. I use 60 pounds. With friction drive you will be wearing the rear tire out far more often than any other drive system, it is just the nature of the beast. Buying really expensive rear tires for a friction drive is a waste of money.

I concur; especially with the buying expensive rear tires statement.

V-tech, I've had a Staton/Robin 35 friction drive for years, the thing is bullet proof. 3 things to make it work well; 1. The roller MUST be absolutely perpendicular to the tire or you will be buying lots of tires. 2. The less tread on the rear tire the better. 3. Keep the tire inflated fairly hard. I use 60 pounds. With friction drive you will be wearing the rear tire out far more often than any other drive system, it is just the nature of the beast. Buying really expensive rear tires for a friction drive is a waste of money.

Thanks for the info... much appreciated.

I am hopefully going to put this kit on a mongoose bmx bike my mother in law gave me. I have those 16in $30 kevlar bmx tires they sell at walmart on it right now, minimal street style tread and they are kevlar to boot so I am hoping it will work out well for me... will be sure to inflate rear tire more, and have roller perpendicular to tread. :helmet:

okay turtle tedd and augi dog i take back what i said , thanks for informing me on that stuff cuz im new here lol, but yer anywayz, if there was a way to 'terminate this thred i would lol, just to stop stuff like this happening, o well, lol , i suppose i shouldve just looked a bit harder on google or sumfin lol, but i couldnt find anything about rock solid engine kits apart from ther billet high performance head lol

i saw your predicament, but had to jump in anyway...

most of these topics do get locked or deleted because of fighting.

keep looking at everything in the garage...learn there are subtle differences in heads, sprockets, hardware, etc & learn how to recognize them. do that, and then when you look at a sales-ad, they won't be able to fool you.

go into the vendor review area and ask Tom to add Rocksolid.

go into the parts & accessories area and post a thread requesting technical data about Rocksolid's kit-components.

go into the existing Rocksolid topic and post a reply asking folks to take part in the reviews.

this way you help yourself and you help the group :)

Last edited:
Like i suggested if you want to save $$$ and get a HT motor ZBox is the cheapest you will find locally in Australia.

The fighting is typical, same deal with car brands, if you own a Dodge you will rag on those who drive a Camaro etc etc...Really quite pathetic IMO...People need to start to appreciate others choices and ideally other brands for what they are and why they were chosen instead of immediately jumping on the "they suck because i dont have one" bandwagon...Not everyone has 300-400 dollars to buy a brand name motor so a HT has to suffice, telling people their choice sucks, a choice that may have been made simply because it was all they could afford isn't making them feel better or helping them in anyway..We are here because we share a common interest everyone here deserves the same respect regardless of the choise of motor they use.

my 2 cents..

Best of luck

KiM

Not so much 'fighting' but ragging on others choice..VTec started it this time with his insightful contribution of "These chinese 2 stroke kits suck from the ground up"

Doesn't phase me in the slightest i have no interest in any of them but the 'chest beating' often seen here doesn't help anyone and is conter productive and IMHO a little childish.

KiM

Like i suggested if you want to save $$$ and get a HT motor ZBox is the cheapest you will find locally in Australia.

The fighting is typical, same deal with car brands, if you own a Dodge you will rag on those who drive a Camaro etc etc...Really quite pathetic IMO...People need to start to appreciate others choices and ideally other brands for what they are and why they were chosen instead of immediately jumping on the "they suck because i dont have one" bandwagon...Not everyone has 300-400 dollars to buy a brand name motor so a HT has to suffice, telling people their choice sucks, a choice that may have been made simply because it was all they could afford isn't making them feel better or helping them in anyway..We are here because we share a common interest everyone here deserves the same respect regardless of the choise of motor they use.

my 2 cents..

Best of luck

KiM

d*** dude, get off it. This guy asked if the rock solid engines were worth the money... they are like 4 bills, therefore he had the money. HT motors suck and so does this thread now...

ThreadDirection.jpg

HT motors suck and so does this thread now...

Might come as a shock to you but that is only your opinion and your opinion im sorry to inform you isn't fact, the majority of people here run HT engines and thoroughly enjoy them... thanks for yet another insightful post though champ keep up the good work :-S

KiM

predictable as always, and i'm not taking sides.

actually, the OP asked "if he should" buy something, meaning that even if he has the money he has no clue...he just wanted someone to say "yes"...i'm only joking Juliman but you know what i mean...and then came the "opinions"...and then came the "differing opinions"...predictable as always...that's why i came in and tried to shut it down by telling the OP do to his own homework, because every one of these types of topics always ends the same way.

go ahead, tell me i'm wrong.

Last edited:
Back