should i get it?

juliman

Local time
11:41 AM
hey again guys.lol like i said in one of my other posts i am thinking a will get a rock solid bicycle engine for my first mb build heres the link

http://shop.rocksolidengines.com.au...&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

does any one know if these engines ( kit) is any good for power and reliable, i am 13 lol and weigh like 54 kg so because i read all these posts of u guys and use r all like 30yrs old lol, so i would be a lot lighter than most of you guys, and i was wondering if i get this kit if i should get a 36t sprocket with it.
if any one thinks this is a bad unreliable/expensive kit etc please post some links to other kits/ websites, since i dont want to buy outside australia, thanks guys,:-/
btw im very mechanically minded and i like tinkering(just when i feel like it)if i wanna ride and not tinker i ride lol

juliman waz here 09

Last edited:
well, kilroy, lemme just get one in before you shut it down...

doggone it now, i'm a bit tired of folks talkin' carp about other folks without a clue! with few exceptions here, i'm mr-gebe (<--just making a point, bama', you da man) and no fan of the HT engine in it's current state or the market that brings it to us. i too can claim MUCH experience on which to base my opinion of the HT, and i "think" i can claim a lot of gebe experience too, more it seems than some folks are aware of...don't talk down to me about anything MB, because i HAVE been there and i HAVE done that.

so i think ya best get yer hedouttayabutt and pay closer attention to what people say before you react to what you think they said!

how i feel about the happy-time engine has no bearing on how i feel about the folks who choose to use one, and when i do have my say, i try to do it without asking for trouble...

we both know you could have used more suitable terms to express your opinion and make your point. and we both know the topic would have gone smoother if you had. this topic is boolcarp because of your boolcarp.

well, you and the guy who responded with a general insult of his own, then slinked away, which disappointed me because i was surprised to see him be like that.

Last edited:
Augi, it looks like the OT stuff has been continued in the Combustion Chamber (thankfully), so I'm hoping this thread will be able to get back on track.

Last edited:
oops! i ain't never goin' in the chamber, yaknow...it just can't be heart-healthy for a guy like me. i still mean what i said in the previous post.

threads like this are never really ontrack anyway yaknow...

Last edited:
hardly ever boring, fe

i just wish folks could talk about the different engines without getting personal or sometimes taking it personal & responding...neither scenario ever works out for long. trust me when i re-assert (from painful & tiring experience) that this style of topic is almost always counter-productive. no need to preach yet again about why.

MotoredBikes.com is an amazing archive of MB-info...we did it first, and we got it right from the get-go...collecting & protecting the info has always been job-one. the earliest looks any of us ever had inside of any of this stuff happened right here...the first few brave souls taught "each other" about motoredbiking because almost noone else anywhere knew anything, yet, and there was no central source before MBc...imagine this, 30 guys ALL waiting for 1 guy to post the pics so we can (finally!) adjust that stoopid screw properly...lotsa stuff like that in the beginning, what a blast!

long story short, look at us now. a very nicely organized collection of MotoredBiking information...sure it takes its' social toll being so tight-butt...still worth it, imo.

i'm no longer staff or vendor or otherwise affiliated in any way with anything except my bike and my plans to travel the country for a couple years, then i'll maybe settle down in the salt flats area and grow old trying to beat 60 in the mile.

i don't like getting drawn into shootouts, but i'll fire back if fired upon...i'll apologize for my part in the heat and calm down...how's this for back ontrack?

the archive is a great learning tool, also, and not hard to figure out if you take it slow and pay attention to where everything is. once you know that, it's easiest to respond to a vague newbie question like this by sending them to where the info they seek already is...and if it isn't yet here, there's ways to get a'holt of it, and much faster than "should i get it?" can produce it.

juliman, we're on the same page i think...if you want comprehensive general HT info, keep looking at the garage stuff. you got caught short needing Rocksolid info specifically, so if you still want that, here's what you can do:

go into the vendor review area and ask Tom to add Rocksolid.

go into the parts & accessories area and post a thread requesting technical data about Rocksolid's kit-components.

go into the existing Rocksolid topic and post a reply asking folks to take part in the reviews.

this way you help yourself and you help the group :cool:
like any machine, a forum runs best when run right :)

Last edited:
holy **** this is a mess lol , you are right augi dog... it is probably a good thing if this thred gets shut down, lol, oh one last question, so people think GEBE kits are the way to go??? and to others i was origanlly gunna get a zbox but im power hungry lol, oh btw did i mention i didnt want to really buy out of aus?... but thanks anywayz guys...

Back