should i make a weedeater bike for a 3 year old?

Karl Snarl

Local time
9:36 PM
so i recently got given a few bikes by a friend to " spruce " up. she's a good friend so i'm doing it for free. well one of them is a tiny kids bike, asked me to make it work so she can give it to him ( cuz, nephew, something idk her family)when he turns 3. now i got this little 30-33cc weedeater motor just laying around. few whacks with the plasma torch and an few welds and pieces of scrap tube and i can mount the motor. the question is, you think the little man can handle tht 2/3 a HP? it's got training wheels and all tht. lol. think i should put a dead man cable on it for the parents? maybe a throttle limiter.

Do you have at least a million in liability insurance to cover the kids med bills plus being sued when he cracks his skull open from a crash? If so you might be ok.

Wow. I didn't know the inspector had a brother. Please tell us your joking. Do you think it would be okay to give my neighbors 3 year old a glass playhouse and a hammer for his birthday?

i gave mine one, he turned out fine. was a little dirt bike, but about the same thing, had training wheels. he was riding gas powered before pedal power. the post was mainly a joke, of course i'm gonna strap the motor to the bike.

Do you have at least a million in liability insurance to cover the kids med bills plus being sued when he cracks his skull open from a crash? If so you might be ok.

I didn't need a motorized bicycle to split my head open, just a wet trailer hitch and some gravel, ER visit #1

Then about 2 weeks later I went to the ER again because I went down a slide with a broom which had no plastic end cap, no I don't know why I did it, but I was young and I dont remember

Case and point boys will always find a way to hurt themselves

I didn't need a motorized bicycle to split my head open, just a wet trailer hitch and some gravel, ER visit #1

Then about 2 weeks later I went to the ER again because I went down a slide with a broom which had no plastic end cap, no I don't know why I did it, but I was young and I dont remember

Case and point boys will always find a way to hurt themselves

i was thinking more of, why would my friend give me a bunch of bikes and only the kids bike did she say something about. knowing i build these things and mess with all kinds of engines. she was just in the shop a month or so ago learning to weld and cut with plasma.

If it was your kid ok with proper supervision and depending on the kid's abilities it's been done but someone else's kid is scary! I put my kids/grand kids on 50cc mini dirt bike at 5 after they show some proficiency at riding a pedal bike like trying to pop wheelies, drifting skids and not scared to fall off.My youngest and I had an issue when he was around 7 y/o,his freind at the time asked to ride his dirt bike so I asked him if he ever rode one before and his reply was sure at his cousin's so I told him to go get his mom and have her confirm that it's ok.Well his mom came out and said yeah he rides at his cousin's so I let him ride it and man what a mistake!This kid took off and in 100 yards was pinned wot and bouncing around tried to turn and dumped the bike witch ended up on top of him and he just layed there until i ran up and removed it,the kid looked dumb founded and I asked again I thought you could ride,the kid said not that fast and then the mom said his cousin's was electric,omg this kid could have really been hurt and from that point on I told my son his friends cannot ride our bikes unless they allready know how to ride and I've seen them do it!My youngest boy now 16 still wont even let adults ride his bikes LOL.

A few years ago a local 3 year old was killed in a bicycle. No way would I consider it, 3 years are not old enough to understand the dangers involved.

If you get WRITTEN consent not just word then go for it this way if something happens to the child because of something you made then you can't get legally sued for it. i mean why not make it if they want it i mean this is 2019-2020. where kids get hurt by marshmallows and you see the ER but yet can learn sex education in grade K.

when i was a kid if ya got road rash or broken arm ya parents fixed it them self and said GROW UP and walk it off sissy boy aaah how times have changed and when it came to sex education it was ya mama had a knife ready for ya nuts if ya F'ed up

This is
80/90s vs 2000s man how times have changed just make sure the bike is wrapped with safe space or it might get its feelings hurt

Back