Should i swap frames?

001.jpg

I like a little more flare with my frames.

When I stretch a steel frame, I put my wheel on the frame, tough some times with narrow frames, and stretch it with my port-a-power. Use two thin blocks of wood between the frame and the rams, that way you won't kink the chain stays. Stretch one side a bit and then switch sides and do the other. Just go easy and work side to side until your tire fits. For some odd reason the port-a-power doesn't bend both sides equally.
In case anyone doesn't have a porta-power, I had to stretch my rear dropouts the other day. I used three ratchet straps. One between two poles and through the frame to suspend the bike. One on a pole pulling the left side. One on a pole pulling the other side.

In case anyone doesn't have a porta-power, I had to stretch my rear dropouts the other day. I used three ratchet straps. One between two poles and through the frame to suspend the bike. One on a pole pulling the left side. One on a pole pulling the other side.
WHIMP...lol...I stretched my steel frame drop outs by my arthritic old hands...Ahhh...The younger generation. what are we gonna do with ya's...lol...lol...DAMIEN

I got it done with a double bladed axe head rubber mallet and pure uncut frustration

I'd just use a piece of all thread and some nuts, Then lock a wrench on the one under the drop out axle part and hit it with the impact or a drill till it stretched where I wanted it.

Back