Sprockets Should I use loctite on my sprocket?

ryansclzo

Local time
10:55 PM
I just got done replacing all those crappy stock bolts that came with my chinese kit with ones from a local ace hardware :cry:.

Now I am wondering if I should use loctite on the nuts? I see people saying blue loctite is fine, but I only have this kind:

epxy_weld_t.png

Is this okay to use?

I just got done replacing all those crappy stock bolts that came with my chinese kit with ones from a local ace hardware :cry:.

Now I am wondering if I should use loctite on the nuts? I see people saying blue loctite is fine, but I only have this kind:

View attachment 49578

Is this okay to use?

If it was me I would only use the blue if you ever have to remove them you will be glad you did and that's a bonding compound not a thread lock

oh. So i'm using the infamous huffy cranbrook :eek:... Is this stuff strong enough to put breaks salvaged from a different bike to the cranbrook? Because the cranbrook is so cheaply made it doesn't even have the spot for them lol.

*bangs head against brickwall*

id love to see it tried :giggle:

while they do happen to epoxy some hiclass frames together, they use lugs, like old brazed frames.

go for it. just fit an alternative stopping system first ;)

NO!!!! First of all, the shear plane for the sprocket bolts runs latterally. Epoxy won't help. Get the nuts with the nylon inserts and you'll be fine, they won't back off. Second, DO NOT use epoxy to mount brake calipers, unless you got some kinda death wish. Look under the top of the fork, you probably have something to mount a bracket there.

You can mount cantilever (the "C" shaped type) brakes on a cranbrook where the front fender mount hole is on the fork crown. You can also swap the stock forks out for some suspension forks with v-brakes, if you can find them in 1" threaded. I used some off a roadmaster mountain bike back when I had my cranbrook. There are also v-brake adapter plates that you can purchase from several different websites.

Back