Should my carb plug look like this or that?

Yeah I would very much like to see how you did it. I ride in temps from below zero degrees F up to 100 degrees so a saw carb with high, low adjustments would be awesome! I don't know if I'll get reeds yet or not. Tuning for different exhausts would be much easier as well. I wish someone sold an intake to bolt up a pumper carb with little fab work.

Yeah I would very much like to see how you did it. I ride in temps from below zero degrees F up to 100 degrees so a saw carb with high, low adjustments would be awesome! I don't know if I'll get reeds yet or not. Tuning for different exhausts would be much easier as well. I wish someone sold an intake to bolt up a pumper carb with little fab work.
Im not off work yet. But im in the take a break room. Ya know where everyone forgets to wash their hands. Here is a pic i found on my phone. Oh and they do make a manifold for pumpers. Walbro has the same spacing as most others. Ebay look for a walbro manifold and isolator for our mb's. They are like 25-30 bucks. I have plenty of steel and taps here. I make my own for a half hour of my life spent. Materials are free for me. Walbros wrk just as well, but 3 times the cost. So i use a tillson ( spelled wrong) clone. No return needed for them. Just the incoming fuel line. The filter is for a pocket bike. The black thing is a water sock. I'll get better pics when i get home.

edit
k, it's after work now. here is a link to this carb. https://www.ebay.com/itm/273737220756 ..the cotter pin will be replaced with a z link when they come in. The shcs in the reed are there to act as stud, can replaced a stripped stud. You have to retap a hole larger. I also did tht because the shcs that come with it are to tall. I used rubber roofing I had left over from my pig's litter box to make the gasket. The brace for the throttle linkage is from a brakepad stop twist off of a scrap bike. I drilled it and tapped for the cable adjuster. The heat shield is a giant compression spring from menards. The only draw back was the return spring wasn't strong enough so I had to add an extra one. oh and the velocity stack if for a pocket bike. I just reamed ( 7/8th reamer in the drill press) out the stack to the right size, and moved the holes so the choke wasn't blocked by the filter and stack.
IMG_20210725_135715.jpg

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
to make the isolator and manifold plate, use paint on the side you wish to figure out where to put it ( the carb), paint it. then hurry up and slap it on the metal. it will leave a copy of where you need to drill and how big. just make sure you center punch before drilling. otherwise the bit will walk and all your holes will be off slightly and it won't go together right.

Back