Should valves be adjusted as normal maintenance?

I do mine on a regular, even though I have to pull motor off bike to do so on my Hyper frame.
Sir would you be kind enough to post a pic of your hyper bike with a 4 stroke on it? Could you post it in thread Noob, zero experience thread. Thanks a million!👍

Sir would you be kind enough to post a pic of your hyper bike with a 4 stroke on it? Could you post it in thread Noob, zero experience thread. Thanks a million!👍

Yes I will have to find one and upload it which 4 stroke motor , I have had the 79cc predator and the 53cc on the Hyper frame

13×365.25=4,748.25

I easily average 7-10 hours a week, so more like a 100-150 miles a week, 400-600 a month.
OMG! I assume you are saying you average 13mph, or is that 13 miles per day, every day?
Anyway assuming 13 mph times 5000 hour is 65,000 miles. The average full motorcycle won't do half that. That is Harley, BMW, Gold Wing mileage.

OK edit. Just realized you are 13 years an hour per day is 5000 hours, and it still comes out to a massive number of miles.

OMG! I assume you are saying you average 13mph, or is that 13 miles per day, every day?
Anyway assuming 13 mph times 5000 hour is 65,000 miles. The average full motorcycle won't do half that. That is Harley, BMW, Gold Wing mileage.

OK edit. Just realized you are 13 years an hour per day is 5000 hours, and it still comes out to a massive number of miles.
Which is probably why they quit making the little Robins. Routine maintenance and they just last forever.

Okay, I admit I've been spoiled by the hydraulic lifters in my car :D I just did them last night. The valves did need some adjustment, exhaust was too tight. I don't think I feel any increase in power but the engine just feels smoother in general and is easier to start. Definitely idles smoother too. Hoping my fuel economy goes up a bit, I've only been getting about 110 mpg. We'll have to see over the next few days.

Thanks guys! I'll do this regularly now.

Okay, I admit I've been spoiled by the hydraulic lifters in my car :D I just did them last night. The valves did need some adjustment, exhaust was too tight. I don't think I feel any increase in power but the engine just feels smoother in general and is easier to start. Definitely idles smoother too. Hoping my fuel economy goes up a bit, I've only been getting about 110 mpg. We'll have to see over the next few days.

Thanks guys! I'll do this regularly now.
Exhaust valves that are tight when cold, don't seal fully when they get hot. When they don't seat properly they don't cool down because the only way they shed heat is through the contact with the valve seat.

As you can imagine, a supersonic wall of fire flowing by non-stop can cause them to get hot in a hurry, and eventually it causes the metal to basically erode, and thus gives you a "burnt" exhaust valve. It can also damage the valve seat for the same reason. Then you end up with an engine that never seals said valve properly, even after adjusting the lash, and it's all downhill after that.

Back