SHOW US YA OCC(stigray)CHOPPER

ill start it off im from sydney Australia and heer is mine ,i would like to see what other guys look like

Attachments

• 000_3384.jpg
    000_3384.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,114
  • 000_3385.jpg
    000_3385.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 857
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
He's a some pics of mine

I would like to thank you guys for all the ideas. I rode to work the other day 12miles round trip. Should of seen the look on my co-workers faces. :eek:

Attachments

• CIMG3238.JPG.jpg
    CIMG3238.JPG.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 424
  • CIMG3244.JPG.jpg
    CIMG3244.JPG.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 581
  • CIMG3247.JPG.jpg
    CIMG3247.JPG.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 411
that is kool. a sportster tank would look good. im getting a trike bolt in from cycles u.s. for 129 bucks, i only need another wide rear wh/tire. most any size motor can be used. love those bars also. there are 6 on c/l in seattle 40-175 bucks. mitch

love my mini hog

This is a stock set up.
LiveFastMOtors engine, I'm unsure of size. eBay said 55 cc and the box said 70cc and the engine says 88cc.... LOL. Don't really care when I fill out the paperwork afaik its 49cc.
48tooth sprocket on rear, drilled to hub no adaptor.

runs great, an eye catcher everyone asks me about my mini hog.

I removed all the stickers but for a few I liked... Which wasn't many.

Just finished the build, been riding it with the tag from my madwagon... will get a legal tag asap. too much fun not to ride...

Attachments

• IMG_3723.jpg
    IMG_3723.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 560
Here's mine so far...

It's a fusion of an OCC and a WCC.
It's going to have a reverse cantilever rear suspension, a springer front end, and a custom jack shaft with an internal 3 Speed Sturmey Archer Internal Rear Hub. I'm also going with ape hangers and a custom banana style seat with a sissy bar, so two can cruise.... =-)'

'BrettMavriK

Attachments

• Mock Up.jpg
    Mock Up.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 749
It's a fusion of an OCC and a WCC.
It's going to have a reverse cantilever rear suspension, a springer front end, and a custom jack shaft with an internal 3 Speed Sturmey Archer Internal Rear Hub. I'm also going with ape hangers and a custom banana style seat with a sissy bar, so two can cruise.... =-)'

'BrettMavriK

nice looking bike. Just wondering, how is the suspension going to work on it? It looks like one of the compression springs off of the mountain bikes. If it is, i dont think it will work because that wouldn't be compression where it is located. correct me if im wrong.

Yes, Kinda' hard to grasp.
It's a reverse cantilever suspension. The frame holds on the the back shock bolt, and the rear wheel cage holds on to the front shock bolt. I'm fabbing that up this weekend, so photos will follow on my build thread.
It's nice to see such chopper interest on this forum. I plan to prototype my chopper design and custom build new custom frames with built in jack shafts so people can enjoy these choppers with 3 speeds. All you have to do is get a donor Stingray and swap the wheels, forks, seat, cranks,etc. over to my custom frame. The frames will be stretched to a more adult size for comfort, but still have the cool rise and rake.

'BrettMavriK

wow! the more I see the choppers the more I want to build one, mines fast but nothing to look at, the smaller wheels mean it will go faster right?

fastboy

Not really,
It's all about the gears.
A Sturmey Archer internal 3 speed has 75%, 100%, and 133% reduction/multiplication speeds. My jack shaft will be geared perfectly to an 80cc powerband in all gears. The jack shaft serves as an intermediary between the pedals and the sprocket. Meaning there are two chains on the right; one goes from the jackshaft to the rear wheel, and one goes from the jack shaft to the front crank, which will be on a freewheel so you don't have to pedal when the motor is powering the chopper.
It's kinda like a car's transmission. Imagine if a car or truck only had one gear. It would either be starting out in 4th, or never getting out of 1st. Like I said, it's all in the gears. Gears will turn a chopper into more a motorcycle. first gear is good to 18mph, 2nd gear to 28.5, 3rd to 35+. This is all at a rated 5500 rpm shift point and cruising speed on a 20" rear wheel. Basically, no pedaling needed ever....unless you run out of gas. :LOL:

'BrettMavriK

Back