Show us your motored bikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
I'm in the preliminary stage of building my first bike, so I thought in the meantime I'd entertain myself by asking for pictures of your awesome bikes :). I've already seen some cool stuff in my short time on this forum, but nowhere have I seen a thread devoted to pictures of your delicious machines!
Let's see what you're riding :)!
(also, if I missed a thread like this, please point me in the right direction.)‎

That's not a bad price, the problem for me would be is finding the other parts for it.... I hate having to spend 120$ on a frame plus another 100$ for wheels, 50 for a crankset, 50 for a fork, plus a 160 for the motor kit (I usually use upgraded studs and loctite everything) there's almost 500$ for something I would just end up blowing up lol

That is a GT-2A frame. I think gasbike.net sells one for about $120. This version has the curved downtube and it is not perfect.. The motor pedestal - if not supported - will fail. The thread less headset is not the best for a motored application. Over time, the AL frame will crack - somewhere. I'd consider it to have a 18 month to 2 year lifespan.

It does look good! 26" wheels are perfect! One piece crank is cool. I like 1.75" rear tire. Fat tires won't work on this frame.
gasbike has knock-off FAKE cheap gt2-A frames.
Grubee Skyhawk makes the real ones and are of much better quality.
You can get them from http://bicycle-engines.com
And they will take 3"+ tires.

That's not a bad price, the problem for me would be is finding the other parts for it.... I hate having to spend 120$ on a frame plus another 100$ for wheels, 50 for a crankset, 50 for a fork, plus a 160 for the motor kit (I usually use upgraded studs and loctite everything) there's almost 500$ for something I would just end up blowing up lol

Have you priced bicycles lately? I ride with guys who are training (without the slightest inclination to race) on $12000 bicycles. A set of ZIPPS can set you back a few bucks.

$120 for a decent frame is a bargain. And you don't spend tons of money on the extras. Go to a yard sale or a pawn shop and buy a mountain bike cheap. For $30-40 you get a saddle, tires, bike cables and housing, V-Brakes and, at the very least, a front wheel and maybe a front fork.

For a rear wheel, go to a real bike shop and ask for a cheap steel wheel. This should cost in the $30 - $40 range. Repack the bearing and set them and these can serve you well.

20160404_101102.jpg

Yeah I tend to sway toward coaster brakes and paying anything above 500$ for a motor less bicycle is crazy in my opinion, but I dont like new paint on an old bike so what's my opinion worth :)

This is my first build. Still not done yet. I have a sturmey archer x-rk8 w hub need to find rim for .and I'm thinking about a monarch springer front end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back