shriners run , for charity ...

OK , its Wednesday . one day to go till i take off again , donations are slow , here is the link to my trip log and the donation button , when i get home i will be presenting a check to shriners children's hospital from all the riders at motoredbike.com so even it you cant give you can still pm your friends and ask them to get involved , lets rally together and make something happen . if we all just gave $5.00 what a difference we can make , pay pal does take some but other than that 100 percent will go to shriners children's hospital . i promise . you will see documentation from shriners at the top of the log page , it would be nice to make this an annual thing , every group should have a cause , and shriners is deserving of our help . if your children need anything shriners is there , and they dont accept money from patients ,

http://thescooterguy.org/custom4.html

'wish you godspeed, brother...& you'll have it so long as you're paying it forward...

you have my contact info, so anything you need to keep rolling is but a "general delivery" away...i'm betting you'll be fine, tho, the trike's in great shape!

thanks for the pics of rt. 4, now i'm really excited to run it. how was that bridge at longview?

Last edited:
I had a good time meeting you and talking with ya and ridin with ya. You meet some the coolest people on a motoredbike.
You a great guy riding for a great cause i wish all the best.
Be safe and keep the rubber on the road:helmet:

hope that Jerry does not mind that I put this here

come on now motor biking friends

this is what is know up top the mountain as a great cause

even if one donates just a little -- that is a little in the right direction

may God bless our rider on this mission

just so ya know he made it.

i had a few seconds with jerry on the phone, he is in boise...said something about buying a new tube & he'd be in touch later...we'll prolly get some internet from him this evening...way to go, 'Scooterguy!

Last edited:
thanks mountain man . its hard to rally support while I'm on the road , i got into Boise today just fine , my trip this far has been great , i didn't leave Gladstone till 10;30 am Thursday , i had to have my neighbor fix my sideview mirror , i broke it off getting the tadpole through my bedroom door , its as good as new now , i made it to bend via hwy 224 midpoint Detroit lake , i back tracked ten miles there to breitenbush hot springs for a quick dip and lunch , then back on the road through sisters and on into bend i made it by 8'30.pm just before dark . Friday morning i was on the road by 9;00 am the longest leg of my journey 250 miles to Vail , and a switch to mountain time turn clock ahead one hour i was in vale at 9'30pm a little night riding not much ... the hotel in Vail was only $40.00 on the way to Vail i had a deer run across the road 15feet in front of me . had to hit the breaks , the deer looked scared , lol.... a few miles further i had a duck fly out of the grass on the right of me , he flew just ahead and to the right of me for about 30 yards then crossed in front of me and flew off to the left , he didn't signal , lol.... the road went on and on , with awesome views , water, mountains, desert, ... absolutely no mechanical problems . i have crossed Oregon starting at the NW corner and down to the SE corner into Idaho , three states , Washington , Oregon , Idaho, from here i am very close to nevada and California , i dont know we will see what happens
my welcome to Idaho came when i stopped after crossing the snake river at the welcome to Idaho sign , i pushed the tadpole into the grass in front of the sign and took a picture , got on and continued my ride , about two miles down the road i noticed a pull to the left , looked down one flat tire on the left , got off and noticed the right one going flat too. no problem , i packed a spare 20 inch tube and a patch kit . the new tube was defective , so had to patch both , while doing that two pedal bikers stopped , they were heading into Portland , there eta was next Thursday , i told them that i had made it from Portland in two days , they were impressed , off they went . i fixed my Flatt's and took off , the rear tire had a slow leek also . if your riding in the desert , stay out of the grass , the weeds have very strong thorns , i will get puncture proof tubes before i continue on. i had to buy a disposable camera in Vail i think i left my camera at a stop 17 miles before vale , i might borrow my brothers car tomorrow to go try and find it , there are some priceless pictures in there , i will get the pics from this disposable camera developed soon and post them ,

Back