Shrink gets a hobby

Aleman- good call on the axle tugs- centered is good. I also need to ‘true’ it properly. And what kind of ale would you suggest, being the man you should know, right?

Nah, not up to date, I rarely drink anymore. My s/n is a portmanteau of my first and last name and a pun on my ancestry.

Jets:

Looks like the same one. Now, where do I buy jets? View attachment 88909

Well.., I f@k’d up an’ ordered mine from Amazon (XLJOY)... They were inexpensive, and free shipping, but I didn’t realize they weren’t domestic — China Post pert much says I’ll have ‘em sometime before Christmas 2020... I’m sure Chris or Gary (and so many more) have a good bead on domestic 5mm LABELED jets, that you could get a lot quicker, and I wish I’d checked with ‘em m’se’f.

With your air filter off if you look in the front of the carb you will see a brass tube with 2 little holes in it. That is the emission tube. The air flowing past it draws fuel up from the bowl and atomizes it. You can drill another small hole in it to aid in atomization of the fuel charge. I get my jets from Ebay I usually look for sellers that ship via speedpak that way the wait is never that long, can be as quick as a week or up to 3 but average is 10 days from China. Im sure bicycleengines.com or bicycle motor works had jets but they ate probably more expensive

Looks like the same one. Although the sharp eye will notice that the bolt that clamps the carb to the intake tube has been changed- seems that wanted to be at least snug :confused: and the ?float bowl? Is attached with maybe torx screws- hopefully I have the correct size. Now, where do I buy jets?
View attachment 88909
SickBikeParts for the jets. Great find on the bike. I have 2 Nirves A B1 that was my first MB and a 49er that is on the burner. The 49er is basically the same as yours accept it's a 3 speed. 2 Stroke Engine Products - Sick Bike Parts
View media item 61463

On the jets I am just a creature of habit so I stick with SBP for jets cause they are real Dellorto jets so I know they are correctly sized.

It's good to have someone who has some experience in mental health issues here finally. Their is nothing wrong with me, I'm perfectly well and fine, however the rest of these guys are full on wack jobs and I know their out to get me. Welcome aboard.

SickBikeParts for the jets. Great find on the bike. I have 2 Nirves A B1 that was my first MB and a 49er that is on the burner. The 49er is basically the same as yours accept it's a 3 speed. 2 Stroke Engine Products - Sick Bike Parts
View media item 61463
That's another really cool looking bike Gary. Evertime I see one of your bikes you give me ideas four changes I need tho make to my bike or ideas for a future build. The next bike is definately getting an internally geared hub.

That's another really cool looking bike Gary. Evertime I see one of your bikes you give me ideas four changes I need tho make to my bike or ideas for a future build. The next bike is definately getting an internally geared hub.
Thanks Bro. This was my first bike. Nirves are really strong frames. The only things on it in this pic that was on it when I first got it is the frame and bars. I sunk a butt load of money into it and now it's just sitting in my shed for the last 4 + years. I really should break it out and put it back on the road.

Thank you all for the input and compliments. And Gary- that is a nice looking bike you really “should” ride it, it may feel neglected.

I think I’m going to continue breaking my engine in and doing small tweaks while I contemplate jets and future mods. Maybe start a thread cataloguing my journey.

G
Thank you all for the input and compliments. And Gary- that is a nice looking bike you really “should” ride it, it may feel neglected.

I think I’m going to continue breaking my engine in and doing small tweaks while I contemplate jets and future mods. Maybe start a thread cataloguing my journey.

Good work, Doc! 👍 An’, if’n Gary’s bike starts’ta suffer separation anxiety, ye can maybe he’p ‘em process that? 😉

Back