Shrink gets a hobby

Big news!- the bike is officially registered!

On July 3rd I send my completed dmv form REG 230 along with a post office money order for $22 to Sacramento. And today, July 25th I received a shiny new license plate!

Be advised- the actual cost of a CA registration is $23- weather it was clerical oversight, government drone compassion, or dumb luck- my $22 payment was not rejected. If you search the official DMV website you can find 3 different amounts this registration costs 🙄.

Cruising with my plates, sticking it to the man!

Big news!- the bike is officially registered!

On July 3rd I send my completed dmv form REG 230 along with a post office money order for $22 to Sacramento. And today, July 25th I received a shiny new license plate!

Be advised- the actual cost of a CA registration is $23- weather it was clerical oversight, government drone compassion, or dumb luck- my $22 payment was not rejected. If you search the official DMV website you can find 3 different amounts this registration costs 🙄.

Cruising with my plates, sticking it to the man!
Right on brother. Get over on the machine, and stick it to that dirty dirty man. All them clerics and oversighting stuff has to stop.

All horse sh*t aside Cal. does in my opinion have a pretty good set up for these bikes. A one time reg. fee and some relaxed rules regarding speed and hp.

Here in TX, there are regulations, but there are also a lot of ambiguities (so many things left to the discretion of each municipality), and a crapshoot on the mood of any LEO encounter. Read somewhere, sometime back, that TxDOT has yet to formally prosecute much of anything (not sure how accurate that article was, but..), so... I’ma see what the breeze brings, jus’ tryda at least appear to be respectful, an’ not piss too many o’ these thin-skins off (they’re like invading insects, here in Austin). 🤣

Diggin’ th’ head-Doc with authority issues! 👍😎👍 That’s AWESOME!

I'm in the IE and the cops turn a blind eye in my town to me not having a plate. There are quite a few MaB riders and most act stupid as fork (riding the bike lane opposing traffic, riding the sidewalks engine floored etc.). I've been meaning to get around to it for a while, but here I am a few years later.
The fastest speed limits in my town is 50 mph, and I geared my bike as such. I take the lane and pretend I'm a motorcycle, so much safer. I have a hard time to not full throttle 3rd gear in a 25 mph zone...
Edit: I can't wait for you to meet inspectorcritic :whistle:
Edit #2: I do my best to maintain all traffic laws pertaining to a motorcycle. I actually do hand gestures since I don't have blinkers, I use turn lanes and try my best to obey speed limits (sometimes the devil possesses me). As long as I'm not acting a fool, the cops don't care.

Last edited:
That's the first thing I thought of. Edit 1. Oh and you really narrowed it down for us with that IE thing. Somewhere in that 5000 sq. miles ol Dan is motorin.

Back