Shwinn 26" Typhoon Engine Mount

T

Typhoon

Hello,

I am starting a project adding a Tecumseh 3.5 hp to an older 26" Shwinn Typhoon. Is anyone aware of any engine mounting brackets for this effort? Or pictures from anyone that has a similar schwinn with a motor already mounted?

Also, is there anyone out there that has put the same type engine on an adult tricycle? I would like to see the pictures, if possible.

Thanks,
Typhoon

Would it be possible for you to post a link to a pic or two of the Tecumseh you'd like to use?

I've got a 2-stroke mounted onto a Schwinn Cruiser; I believe the bike's frame is quite similar to the Typhoon. I had to make some custom clamp brackets for my install as I didn't want to drill through the frame's downtube.

Hello,

Thanks for the response, basically this is a standard horizontal shaft 4 stroke gasoline engine ,similiar to those used on go carts and minibikes. I can make a custom setup, using an already available engine mounting plate, but I wanted to see if there were any other ideas already out there.

Thanks,
Typhoon

Typhoon

I can make a custom setup, using an already available engine mounting plate, but I wanted to see if there were any other ideas already out there.
10-4.

I'd still like to see which particular engine it is, though, now that you've stirred my curiosity. Perhaps, if you don't have access to any camera or pics at the moment, you could tell me the model number and/or name of the Tecumseh in question so I may search for some images; I realize that there may be quite a bit of cast iron involved. Hee.

Thanks!

:)~

Last edited by a moderator:
The Big Question is, Pedals or No Pedals ? If your keeping pedals, the Tecumseh would probably be too heavy, require too high mounting. A Rack Mount Setup might work sweet, or be an ill handling monster ?

If you can ... Eliminate pedals, weld a plate A La Mini Bike / Go Kart, with slotted holes
as down low as you can. Check Laws, Massachusetts limits you to 50 cc, and an Automatic clutch. A low mount minimizes engine's weight, as it affects handling.

Typhoon Engine Mount

Thanks for the reply, but....this post was from November of 2007 and the bike was completed in December 2007.

Typhoon:

Back